Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
When Chef Black opened Vast it was an absolute disaster from the start. I would honestly not be surprised if they rushed this and did not have staff and procedures in place to execute the opening correctly. He seems to get infinite mulligans in this market, so we will have to wait and see if it impacts him negatively. I am holding off at least until October to go here because they are going to have to figure some **** out.
I was on staff at Colcord when he opened Vast and Flint. You are 100% right about what happened then. I will say that he didn't really have much help from Williams and Assoc. They, too, were horrible at the transition phase with the Coury group. Basically, anything they changed or opened was a disaster. Everyone who worked under the Williams staff hated what they did. We lost people, and Flint was a revolving door. It calmed down, and Chef Black let one of his younger chefs take over. She did a great job until she, too, left. I love what Chef Black does, but he isn't always the best at running a restaurant.