Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Science Museum Oklahoma

Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I think the core of it was from at least the early 90's. Solid painted red cinder block walls and the seat cushions were not in the best of shape. It's a fairly large auditorium, probably seats around 500.
    Yep. Been to many science live events there. I would think they would be completed by summer for their summer classes.

2. Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

It's nice to hear they are re-doing that. It was a neat place for kids to see those shows for sure. I do with they had more variety in the show since i think the same ones have been going for years now. Maybe the renovation will help spur more variety there.

From warreng88:

Looks great. They recently closed the old planetarium so they could start moving over that technology into the new one. Fall is the expected opening date.

I remember seeing an ad somewhere that the old planetarium was going to have a laser light show, but I don't know the specifics.

According to their website, the new planetarium will open 9/20. Photo credit warreng88:

My understanding is this is the opposite setup from the previous OmniDome? The main entrance is on the second floor and it wraps downward once inside, and you exit on the bottom floor?

Did they really need to make the Love's sign so big?

Quote Originally Posted by acumpton View Post
    Did they really need to make the Love's sign so big?
    I don't know, if my company paid for it, I'd want the branding. Have you seen the Thunder uniforms?

I am looking forward to having this open up. Some of the other exhibits are looks a little dated and could use some love. If Dental Depot would like to upgrade the dental exhibit, then I would like to see the logo on the new exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    My understanding is this is the opposite setup from the previous OmniDome? The main entrance is on the second floor and it wraps downward once inside, and you exit on the bottom floor?
    The actual planetarium is on the second floor and I believe Astronomy exhibit space is on the first floor. Its a dome within a dome, so its not really that much bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I don't know, if my company paid for it, I'd want the branding. Have you seen the Thunder uniforms?
    The sponsor list at the OKCMOA is fairly subtle, they could've done something like that instead of that horrible thing.

13. Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

A sponsor list and a naming rights deal are two very different things

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    A sponsor list and a naming rights deal are two very different things
    Still looks butt-ugly and out of place.

15. Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

The main problem is that the Love’s branding is pretty dated at this point, and the color palette is intended to grab the attention of people driving down an interstate at 80 mph.

JFC they donated millions of dollars for us to have a world class planetarium. They could paint their logo on the entire outside dome for all I care. People are so ugh... people.
    How about, THANK YOU Loves family and corporation for such a tremendous gift to the community and state and thank you for all your philanthropy in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The main problem is that the Love’s branding is pretty dated at this point, and the color palette is intended to grab the attention of people driving down an interstate at 80 mph.
    Three years from now it will become "Classic, iconic and timeless"

Quote Originally Posted by EtanEiko View Post
    JFC they donated millions of dollars for us to have a world class planetarium. They could paint their logo on the entire outside dome for all I care. People are so ugh... people.
    How about, THANK YOU Loves family and corporation for such a tremendous gift to the community and state and thank you for all your philanthropy in general.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Still looks butt-ugly and out of place.
    know what looks more butt-ugly and out of place? a science museum without a functioning planetarium.

I guess when an organization doesn't want obnoxious branding its the Love Family doing the donating and not the company?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-02 104632.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	18985

Anyway, It is what is when you don't have any other sources of funding. Doesn't seem like philanthropy if your doing it under your company brand. I wonder what the number two donor thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I guess when an organization doesn't want obnoxious branding its the Love Family doing the donating and not the company?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-02 104632.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	18985

Anyway, It is what is when you don't have any other sources of funding. Doesn't seem like philanthropy if your doing it under your company brand. I wonder what the number two donor thinks?
    I'm not being argumentative...I "think" the Love family is very careful about making contributions to Catholic (possibly any church, but I only know of their contributions to St. Anthony and Mercy) affiliated health organizations are from the family, rather than the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    know what looks more butt-ugly and out of place? a science museum without a functioning planetarium.
    One can be grateful they donated/sponsored/whatever, and still be critical of the way they show that they've done it. Paraphrasing Urbanized - it's not the 1980s anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    One can be grateful they donated/sponsored/whatever, and still be critical of the way they show that they've done it. Paraphrasing Urbanized - it's not the 1980s anymore.
    Remove the yellow background and it would be fine. Reminds me of a small business owner who only has one version of their company graphic and they try to to make it work on their new website and it looks terrible.

24. Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Remove the yellow background and it would be fine. Reminds me of a small business owner who only has one version of their company graphic and they try to to make it work on their new website and it looks terrible.
    One of the most irritating things I have encountered with all types of businesses is the old logo not being updated to new standards. Even if they don't change the brand, have someone do it in the correct file and size. Sheesh!

25. Default Re: Science Museum Oklahoma

I mean, if you don't like the logo of the organization that donated all the money, next time donate all that money yourself and you can make it look however you want. Problem solved.

Thread Information