Widgets Magazine
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1560616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1629

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Saying Presti isn’t the best GM because he hasn’t won a championship is a bit too restrictive a view in my opinion. OKC has been, I believe, the second winningest franchise since arriving in OKC. That’s an incredible accomplishment in this market. Presti is unmatched at identifying stars in the lottery. It’s fair to argue for other GMs, but there’s also plenty of evidence to support an argument that Presti is at the top. We’re very lucky.
    I agree with this compleyely. On top of it add to the equation that OKC isn't exactly the kind of place NBA'rs in their prime want to flock to when there are the bright lights and glamor of LA, SF, NYC, Miami, etc. At this time, players still play OKC, then go looking for the big(ger) city spotlight.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I agree with this compleyely. On top of it add to the equation that OKC isn't exactly the kind of place NBA'rs in their prime want to flock to when there are the bright lights and glamor of LA, SF, NYC, Miami, etc. At this time, players still play OKC, then go looking for the big(ger) city spotlight.
    Who besides Durant?
    PG was great to OKC. Westbrook was extremely loyal. PG was great to OKC. Who in the world do think “played” OKC?

4. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Joe and Wiggins on long term deals. Met with Harkenstein last night in Oregon. Thunder making some good moves here.

PG3 going to Philly makes those Clippers picks better for the Thunder as well.

Hartenstein is by far the biggest FA acquisition in franchise history. Really cool to see.

He's also really good. Great offseason.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Well that is about as good as an offseason could go for the Thunder. Big improvement

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hartenstein is by far the biggest FA acquisition in franchise history. Really cool to see.

Facts.

8. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

As good as Chet has been on D, he’ll be better at the 4. His help side D is unbelievable, and Hartenstein won’t get ragdolled in the paint. Combined with Chet’s perimeter threat, he becomes something more than KD light; he’s not quite (and will almost certainly be) the pure scoring machine but his defense is ALREADY better than KD’s ever was.

Also, it’s worth pointing out that this isn’t just any free agent signing to OKC; dude is a legit all star contender leaving the number one media media market in the world.

Also - and yes, I know this guy is in no way comparable to KG at this point - this moment reminded me of this commercial from when Garnett moved to Boston as the missing piece. There’s a lot of basketball to play, but if we end up with a similar result we’ll remember today forever.

Huge pickup and I love the fit. The contract is a little tough to swallow, but he played his best season last year and he fills the current hole in the roster.

This season is going to be so hype. Then we have the Clippers picks that are getting really juicy.

OKC getting banner-ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

He is not worth $20 million dollars a year for someone coming off the bench. Who will probably only play 15 mins a night.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    He is not worth $20 million dollars a year.
    Maybe not but his contract is apparently frontloaded and the third year isn't guaranteed. The Thunder have a few years before they have to pay JDub/Chet.

He is not worth $20 million dollars a year for someone coming off the bench. Who will probably only play 15 mins a night.
    He will play more than 15 minutes a night. Chet does not play extended minutes.

Reminds me...does anyone know when the salary cap bump is kicking in from the new media deal. 2027? Is it supposed to be smoothed, or is it going to have the big bump like it did the year that KD went to the Warriors. The bump that made it possible (or easier) for him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Reminds me...does anyone know when the salary cap bump is kicking in from the new media deal. 2027? Is it supposed to be smoothed, or is it going to have the big bump like it did the year that KD went to the Warriors. The bump that made it possible (or easier) for him to leave.
    cap raises can't not exceed 10% a year IIRC ...

15. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    He will play more than 15 minutes a night. Chet does not play extended minutes.
    Ya Hart is playing 25 minutes a game based on the lineup. This is good flexibility. Thunders odds at the finals are going to go up.

Blog Entries

I don't think you've noticed the salaries being paid this year. Most everyone expected him to get $25-30 mil per year. He will play lots of critical minutes. Presti has constructed a team to match up with anyone. Very flexible and with a stout defense. Hartenstein had the 2nd highest defensive EPM in the NBA. Caruso was 5th. SGA 14th. Can play beside Chet or off the bench, depending on matchups. Great addition potentially.

Great moves for OKC. Love the re-signings and iHart is going to provide a ton of matchup flexibility. I don’t agree that Chet is better at the 4 though. I think there will be a lot of times when iHart is on the bench and Chet will be at the 5. It doesn’t matter that we paid iHart so much though because we basically had spend it of lose it money. He’ll give us options. Mark will tinker and figure it all out during the season. I can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Hartenstein had the 2nd highest defensive EPM in the NBA. Caruso was 5th. SGA 14th. Can play beside Chet or off the bench, depending on matchups. Great addition potentially.
    Yes, the Thunder are building a team of Advanced Stats All-Stars. Very exciting time to be a Thunder fan. They should be very good this upcoming season. Will be a ton of fun!

19. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Great moves for OKC. Love the re-signings and iHart is going to provide a ton of matchup flexibility. I don’t agree that Chet is better at the 4 though. I think there will be a lot of times when iHart is on the bench and Chet will be at the 5. It doesn’t matter that we paid iHart so much though because we basically had spend it of lose it money. He’ll give us options. Mark will tinker and figure it all out during the season. I can’t wait!
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting Chet will never be at the 5. He'll probably split some time between both, and will play the 5 a lot when other teams play small ball. But when someone puts in a low-center-of-gravity big man, the best lineup will likely be iHart at the 5 and Chet at the 4. Teams aren't going to want to take it inside on that lineup, at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't suggesting Chet will never be at the 5. He'll probably split some time between both, and will play the 5 a lot when other teams play small ball. But when someone puts in a low-center-of-gravity big man, the best lineup will likely be iHart at the 5 and Chet at the 4. Teams aren't going to want to take it inside on that lineup, at all.
    Yes, 2 down low that can each cover bucket to corner, and 3 out that are all lock down 1 on 1 defenders makes a pretty stout defense against any set. That without giving up anything on the offensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    We’ll see. Mark will tinker with it. My guess is that iHart will be on the bench at the end of games more than people think. Chet’s advanced stats against big bigs were really good. He played bigs like Valančiūnas out of the series. Chet isn’t going to play 5 just against small ball. He was too good last season to abandon that. I do think the offense could drop off with the two big lineups in a lot of matchups. But I trust Mark to figure it out.

Blog Entries

Isaiah Hartenstein, Welcome to Oklahoma City.

Age: 26 - Height 7'1" - 250 lbs.. - Center - PTS 7.8 - REB 8.3 - AST 2.5 - FG% 64.4.

Blog Entries

Three teams (OKC 57-25, Denver 57-25 & Minnesota 56-26) finished the season atop the Western Conference.

Minnesota had the height and he length to match-up with Dallas who beat them 4 - 1. Isaiah Hartenstein (IMO) just may be that missing Presti piece that gives us the edge needed to compete with the two finalists and the rest of the league.

Staying healthy throughout the season with a line-up consisting of two bigs Holmgren and Hartenstein balanced with Gilgeous-Alexander, Caruso and Jalen Williams gives us the starters to compete in the NBA.

Hopefully Topic will be ready before the season ends. He could add to the reserves L. Dort, K. Williams, C. Wallace, I. Joe, O. Dieng or A. Wiggins.

There are some players we have re-signed for the upcoming season. Thunder will have high championship expectations next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don't think you've noticed the salaries being paid this year. Most everyone expected him to get $25-30 mil per year. He will play lots of critical minutes. Presti has constructed a team to match up with anyone. Very flexible and with a stout defense. Hartenstein had the 2nd highest defensive EPM in the NBA. Caruso was 5th. SGA 14th. Can play beside Chet or off the bench, depending on matchups. Great addition potentially.
    Meanwhile, the Mavs sign Klay Thompson to a 3yr/$50M contract.

The Mavs will really be hard to beat with them adding another great shooter in Klay Thompson, wow.

Thread Information