Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Buc-ee's

Default Re: Buc-ee's

I-40 anywhere within 8 miles West of the interchange with the Kilpatrick.

Perfect place would be the Cimarron Rd exit, right there where OKC is annexing land or on the North side of I-40.

Calling my shot. I-35 Ladd Rd exit. West of I-35, North of Ladd Rd.

What if they built it on Eastern north of 40/35? That let's them tap into two interstates.

Similar reasoning makes me think it won't be all the way in Norman or Yukon. They may want to limit a potential detour for diehard customers to less than 30 minutes.

Hear me out: Buc-ee's Crossroads. They can really play into that with marketing and still tap into 40 and 35 traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    What if they built it on Eastern north of 40/35? That let's them tap into two interstates.

Similar reasoning makes me think it won't be all the way in Norman or Yukon. They may want to limit a potential detour for diehard customers to less than 30 minutes.

Hear me out: Buc-ee's Crossroads. They can really play into that with marketing and still tap into 40 and 35 traffic.
    Makes sense but based on a lot of their other location decisions I think they’d be more likely to add a second location than split the difference…but what do I know? Crossroads does sound like a good idea. Hey we have a place called Crossroads that’s dying for higher and better use lol.

As a pessimist, my first reaction to the news was that it is a grand hoax and Okies are still gullible to believe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Agreed. Somewhere on the way from Purcell to Goldsby. They better have a good exit ramp. That one in Denton is always backed up for miles.
    I agree. We went to the Madisonville location last week and it was so much smoother than going to the one in Denton. It was a real quick in and out.

I still like the north side of 40 on Frisco Road for a Buccees. That, and a Home Depot

There are eight! Buc-ees in a diamond-shaped area that includes Angleton, Brazoria, Freeport, and Lake Jackson. I'm assuming that is the area where they started

I could see them building along the new Access Oklahoma turnpikes in the metro once built. Maybe I-40 and Kickapoo, or SW corner of I-35 and the east-west connector turnpike. I can't help but think how big of a footprint these Buccee's properties are. But alas, it's interesting to look around the metro and the current traffic count maps to try and determine where they might look:

https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/...KC%20Metro.pdf

I'm sure a lot of the inflated numbers are commuters, but some of those counts are really high especially through Moore and Norman, LHP, I40 through the heart of the city, and 35 anywhere from about the Lake Aluma area north up through Edmond. But if you look at the edge of the metro maps of 35 and 40, traffic counts in and out of the metro are anywhere between 55-60K vehicles per day much of which could be considered through traffic.

NE corner of I35 and N 27th St in Moore, perhaps along that eastern service road stretch looks big enough. They could really compete with the new QT and eExpress there.

Do they look at thru traffic, commuter traffic, maybe both? There are counts on 35 there north of I240 at 125K vehicles, by far the highest in the metro.

I remember when they built the one in Melissa, TX. There literally was nothing out there at all and TxDOT was in the middle of widening 75 though there.

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    There are eight! Buc-ees in a diamond-shaped area that includes Angleton, Brazoria, Freeport, and Lake Jackson. I'm assuming that is the area where they started
    Yes, the original Buc-ees was in Lake Jackson.

Anything being done with that land at council and i-40. That land just south of I-40. That is a pretty messed up area though. Sw 15th right off of 244. Close to 244/40 interchange. There are a bunch of places they could build something

^ I was thinking that as well. That land on the other side of I-40 from the outlet mall would be an ideal location. Large enough area to build, no competing large gas stations in the immediate area. Large traffic counts.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    ^ I was thinking that as well. That land on the other side of I-40 from the outlet mall would be an ideal location. Large enough area to build, no competing large gas stations in the immediate area. Large traffic counts.
    I think the fact that it'll be the only gas station in the area wouldn't be too much of a difference, after all who is going to buc-ee's just for gas? Not me, that's for sure

Quote Originally Posted by davidreavis View Post
    I think the fact that it'll be the only gas station in the area wouldn't be too much of a difference, after all who is going to buc-ee's just for gas? Not me, that's for sure
    There is a giant Oncue just north of I-40 plus all the big gas stations on Morgan Road 2 miles away but like you said it's more a destination. You would get a good mix of locals and travelers being there. You are close enough to i-44 to get people drive a bit out of the way. Close enough to turnpike. However I would think they will want to be closer to I-35?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post

I think it was already. Mentioned but the Eastern location isn't going to work

17. Default Re: Buc-ee's

I want to see those final numbers on the social media post that Pete did. Looks like 5.2k likes, 2.4k comments and 4.2k shares on Facebook about the Buc-ee's post. People love beaver nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I want to see those final numbers on the social media post that Pete did. Looks like 5.2k likes, 2.4k comments and 4.2k shares on Facebook about the Buc-ee's post. People love beaver nuggets
    Got more traction than my Olympics posts!

Not really a fair comparison, but interesting nonetheless.

Thread Information