Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Buc-ee's

Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    Pete I feel like that post on social media is gonna blow up lol
    People love their gas stations here!

Also, it's always the FOMO of wanting something that is popular elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EBAH View Post
    dude, for real.

My wife is from SA so we drive to South Texas and back A LOT. Buc -ee's is a literal circle of hell. Literally everything you hate most about going in to a Wal Mart somehow super concentrated in to half (somehow still seemingly half) the square footage and the parking lot replaced with leteral hundreds of gas pumps.

We'll be looking for a QT thank you, hell even a Loves. Bucees is obnoxious trash
    If they weren't going to Buc-ee's they would be going to the QT or Loves. More choices is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And some people can't get enough of those sticky, sweet Beaver Nuggets.
    I'll take things that sound dirty but aren't for a thousand, Alex.

I bet you anything, if they do build one here, it will be in or near Tulsa on I-44 somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I bet you anything, if they do build one here, it will be in or near Tulsa on I-44 somewhere.
    Much less traffic than I-35 and I-40, and for the most part I-44 is a turnpike.

Somewhere south of Norman on I-35 seems like a pretty good bet to me.

I mean you're not wrong. I'm just guessing.

I would guess either around Goldsby/ south Norman AND or west Yukon.

But yayy! Hope it just happens in general regardless of where (In the OKC Metro of course)

9. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    Somewhere south of Norman on I-35 seems like a pretty good bet to me.
    Agreed. Somewhere on the way from Purcell to Goldsby. They better have a good exit ramp. That one in Denton is always backed up for miles.

I mean you're not wrong. I'm just guessing.
    I feel like Oklahoma could likely support one located on all three. One North or south of OKC on 35, one East or West of OKC on 40, and one NE of Tulsa on 44. In 10-20 years maybe 2-3 more in various areas with decent traffic volume.

I bet they do something similar to the Loves on I-40 and Radio rd

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Thoughts spewed from a mouth that's never tasted a beaver nugget.
    I don’t get the popularity. Beaver Nuggets are basically Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. I tried it once and threw the bag away after eating a few.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I don’t get the popularity. Beaver Nuggets are basically Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. I tried it once and threw the bag away after eating a few.
    Smoke a joint before hand and you will get different results.

They would print money if they built one at the old Tanger outlet mall in Stroud

It's amazing Kentucky just opened another Buc-ees this month, so they'll have at least two before Ok gets it's first one.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    As they had more locations, I imagine the novelty wears off. If there is one in south Norman/I-35, there is a lesser chance of our crew stopping at the one in Denton or Fort Worth on road trips to Texas. If we just need gas or restrooms, easier to pull off at a much smaller Loves or QT.

I think the draw is the giant store size and grass root marketing that is done by their loyal fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    They would print money if they built one at the old Tanger outlet mall in Stroud
    I don't think so.

Buc-ee's employees about 250 to 300 people per location. I don't know if Stroud can support that work force. with their population and probably older demography The majority of traffic on this route is OKC to Tulsa. It's 90 minutes or so gate to gate on the turnpike, there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to stop for gas and snacks 45 minutes into the trip. Outside of those traveling on the turnpike, there isn't a large base population to visit the store consistently. That's why my vote would be Norman/I-35 corridor.

If the theme park in Vinita really takes off and competes with numbers like Silver Dollar City in Branson, I could see one being built at that exit on I-44 halfway between Joplin and Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    If we just need gas or restrooms, easier to pull off at a much smaller Loves or QT.
    If you're stopping for restrooms, best to avoid Love's. They have some nasty restrooms.

Restrooms is the main reason I like buc ee's though. Super clean and no wait. Same with the pumps, no wait. All the other jazz, I can take or leave.

a second location on the parking lot of the old stroud outlet mall would be awesome but I think I-35 between the border and Norman will be first.

Rumors before COVID they were looking at something around the Goldsby exit near Riverwind. With that being said, most Buccee's are right outside a major population center. Between Shawnee and Oklahoma City makes a lot of sense as well.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Rumors before COVID they were looking at something around the Goldsby exit near Riverwind. With that being said, most Buccee's are right outside a major population center. Between Shawnee and Oklahoma City makes a lot of sense as well.
    Depending on when you start to car count, but it would appear the I-35 Norman/Moore/Goldsby route has a sizeable lead in traffic compared to I-40 east of the 240 split, and this was based upon 2018 stats, I imagine it's only gone up.

https://www.odot.org/maps/aadt/2018/...MetroAreas.pdf

22. Default Re: Buc-ee's

They have one already off I-44 in Springfield, so I doubt they put one a few hours away. It would just catch the same folks twice.

My guess is I-40 just east or west of okc.

Pete, the fact that 44 is a turnpike is much less relevant with Plate Pay. Plus OTA is adding more exits. You no longer have to worry about having cash to pay when you get off at any exit.

In my perfect fantasy world, Buc-ee's would be the c-store when they build the new Stroud plaza

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    Pete, the fact that 44 is a turnpike is much less relevant with Plate Pay. Plus OTA is adding more exits. You no longer have to worry about having cash to pay when you get off at any exit.

In my perfect fantasy world, Buc-ee's would be the c-store when they build the new Stroud plaza
    My guess is the one in Springfield was built to grab Branson and Bass Pro tourists who of course travel to the area by car, and also Springfield is about 2.5 hours from St. Louis which is probably the ideal "stop-time" for a road trip pit stop and there isn't much in-between to stop at on I-44. Springfield being a metropolitan area also has a large enough work force to staff a Buc-ee's. The Tulsa to OKC gap is only 90 minutes.

In Texas, I can only find three Buc-ee's locations that are in what most would consider a rural area, Madisonville, TX, Luling, TX, and Bastrop TX, all of these locations are essentially halfway points between Houston and the other three metros of San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin.

Stroud/Turner Turnpike just seems to be a long shot. In 2023, that route averaged about 30,000 cars a day.
    A Buc-ee's placed on I-35 south of Norman, average vehicle count would be between 75,000 to 90,000 cars daily.

Is there any other Buc-ee’s located on a turnpike?

Thread Information