Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I thought your last 2 comments were harsh and contained no positive opinion about Presti. The 'like a guy who spends $100 for a fountain drink at the gas station because it's his favorite flavor" was a teeny-tiny bit over the top for the best GM in the NBA. Then again, I've gotten older and quit watching and listening to the ESPN shows 24/7. I just read a lot.
    I started my post by saying I trust Presti at the top of the draft because he’s been unbelievable. My critique was very specific. Presti has been terrible when picking in the 20s and makes asset negative moves to take players way ahead of their projections. Giving praise and critique is fair to me. Trading 5 picks to pick Dillon Jones dramatically higher than every projection is wasting assets IMHO. But, if I need to say it again, Presti is arguably the best GM.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I started my post by saying I trust Presti at the top of the draft because he’s been unbelievable. My critique was very specific. Presti has been terrible when picking in the 20s and makes asset negative moves to take players way ahead of their projections. Giving praise and critique is fair to me. Trading 5 picks to pick Dillon Jones dramatically higher than every projection is wasting assets IMHO. But, if I need to say it again, Presti is arguably the best GM.
    I'm with you. Understand what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Presti has been terrible when picking in the 20s.
    who has been good drafting in the 20's presti has Ibaka reggie jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    who has been good drafting in the 20's presti has Ibaka reggie jackson
    You can do the research, but plenty of GMs and there are plenty of examples. In fact, if you just look at the Thunder picks in the 20s you’ll see Presti traded picks that resulted in really good players like Immanuel Quickley. Presti traded up to draft Bazley and Memphis drafted the more popular player in Brandon Clark. Drafting good players in the 20s is hard, but it happens every year. Presti does incredible work in the lottery and also has had success in the 2nd round/undrafted. He just seems to struggle after the lottery in the 1st round.

Thread Information