Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Buc-ee's

Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I'm just convinced Oklahoma will never get one. No sense getting my hopes up any longer.
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.

2. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Is there a weird law or policy on the books that makes Oklahoma less business friendly to Buc-ee's compared to Missouri or Arkansas...or Tennessee or Alabama? Do we have some obscure law that limits the number of gas pumps or selling of beaver nuggets on Sunday's?

Amarillo getting one because of Texas being the home market makes sense, but if Springfield Missouri can get one on I-44, you would think one at our interstate crossroads would get the same level, if not more foot traffic.
    Probably the "anti-price-gouging" selling below cost law.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.

Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.

5. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.
    Yes but soon you can gamble at them so people might be going back!

The only thing I think I would go to a lot more if it came here versus going out of town would be Shake Shack. If we got an In N Out Burger, I would go to it on occasion. Maybe Eataly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.
    Same for Sonic. I remember when one opened in Ontario and it was hugely popular.

KHOU is reporting that Buccees is looking for land for a oklahoma location
    https://www.khou.com/article/feature...b-08fefd460c6a

9. Default Re: Buc-ee's

It's a dang gas station. I will never understand the fascination. I don't want to go inside either. It's just more time taken with crap i don't need. Get gas at the pump, leave. Mabye use the ATM if its a no sur-charage.

I will never understand the need for 50 pumps and 1/2 a walmart at a gas station.

If you are in the cult, man you've bought in and you'll buy the beaver gear/candy/etc. For those of us on the oustide.....just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    It's a dang gas station. I will never understand the fascination. I don't want to go inside either. It's just more time taken with crap i don't need. Get gas at the pump, leave. Mabye use the ATM if its a no sur-charage.

I will never understand the need for 50 pumps and 1/2 a walmart at a gas station.

If you are in the cult, man you've bought in and you'll buy the beaver gear/candy/etc. For those of us on the oustide.....just don't get it.
    While I understand there is some "gear" that I dont understand either but the fresh beef jerky selection is incredible. Plus the clean bathrooms that are above most others it makes a lot of sense.

One less car in the parking lot!

I like it as a travel stop kind of thing. Its nice as a final thing to do when we head back home from Dallas. Gas up, grab some lunch, grab some drink, maybe a snack, maybe a fun souvenir. Its not the only place you can do that, sure, but its bigger, nicer, and funner than other places.

As far as interest in getting one in OK, I think its the same as any other "cool" thing. We seem less "cool" if other states have it and we don't. As soon as we get it, people will suddenly care less about it and it'll be the lack of something else some other states has that makes us "uncool".

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I like it as a travel stop kind of thing. Its nice as a final thing to do when we head back home from Dallas. Gas up, grab some lunch, grab some drink, maybe a snack, maybe a fun souvenir. Its not the only place you can do that, sure, but its bigger, nicer, and funner than other places.

As far as interest in getting one in OK, I think its the same as any other "cool" thing. We seem less "cool" if other states have it and we don't. As soon as we get it, people will suddenly care less about it and it'll be the lack of something else some other states has that makes us "uncool".
    I'm with you, though it wouldn't be a terrible thing to hit one near the Oklahoma/Texas border to start the road trip when I drive down to Texas. For now, I'll stop at Love's until the first Buc-ee's.

I am not apart of the Bucees Cult. Only gone one time and didn't really enjoy it. Just reporting on the news

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post

This right here. You're so right.

When you're traveling on a trip, it's a good stop. The restrooms are CLEAN and well designed. It's like the pumps on the outside, there are so many that there is no waiting. The last time I was in a Love's restroom, I didn't wanna touch anything.

It's nice to be able to pull into a pump and not have to wait or jockey with other motorists about who's going to get the pump next. They have a wide variety of food and it's good.

As far as being in a cult and buying the gear? That's a no-go for me. Just be a good, clean gas station with good service and good products. That's all I ask. And that seems to be too much at many places.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    This right here. You're so right.

When you're traveling on a trip, it's a good stop. The restrooms are CLEAN and well designed. It's like the pumps on the outside, there are so many that there is no waiting. The last time I was in a Love's restroom, I didn't wanna touch anything.

It's nice to be able to pull into a pump and not have to wait or jockey with other motorists about who's going to get the pump next. They have a wide variety of food and it's good.

As far as being in a cult and buying the gear? That's a no-go for me. Just be a good, clean gas station with good service and good products. That's all I ask. And that seems to be too much at many places.
    I’m no Buc-ees fan, but I had the unfortunate experience of stepping in one of the Turner Turnpike Love’s. I needed a shower after. The restrooms were filthy and the store wasn’t much better.

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I’m no Buc-ees fan, but I had the unfortunate experience of stepping in one of the Turner Turnpike Love’s. I needed a shower after. The restrooms were filthy and the store wasn’t much better.
    Which one? The new Love’s/McDonald’s on the Turner Turnoike heading toward Tulsa is one of the nicest gas stations I’ve been to. Modern, open design.

18. Default Re: Buc-ee's

I'm surprised for a Love's. They aren't ever the fanciest places, but the restrooms are usually very clean.

I'm surprised for a Love's. They aren't ever the fanciest places, but the restrooms are usually very clean.
    The one in Ardmore can get pretty bad. We stop there a couple times per month to/from Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Which one? The new Love’s/McDonald’s on the Turner Turnoike heading toward Tulsa is one of the nicest gas stations I’ve been to. Modern, open design.
    The two between Chandler and Stroud along the turnpike. Both were disgusting.

For the first time, Buc-ee's confirms they are looking at Oklahoma:

Buc-ee's confirms they're working toward opening 2 sites in Louisiana | Oklahoma is also on their radar
    Published: 2:09 PM CDT June 26, 2024

HOUSTON — As Buc-ee's continues to expand its empire beyond Texas, folks in two neighboring states hope to see those beaver billboards on their highways soon.

Anytime Buc-ee's buzz makes headlines, people pay attention. So we went straight to the source to confirm reports that plans are already in the works for stores in Louisiana. However, we're told they're not quite done deals yet.

"I can confirm that we are working diligently on two sites in Louisiana," Buc-ee's General Counsel Jeff Nadalo told us. "As soon as due diligence is complete, we hope to move forward with the projects."

The two sites being considered are Lafayette, off I-10 between Beaumont and New Orleans, and Ruston, off I-20 east of Shreveport.

The Lafayette location cleared its first big hurdle earlier this month when the board of zoning adjustment gave unanimous approval to plans for a 74,000-square-foot store on I-10 at Louisiana Avenue, the Acadiana Advocate reported. They said the target opening date is the 2025 holiday season.

According to KSLA in Shreveport, construction is set to begin sometime this year on the Ruston location and city leaders say they're on track to finish it by late 2025.

“I had no idea it would cause this much excitement, not just in Ruston but across the state,” Ruston Mayor Ronnie Walker said in April. “We’re excited because we’re finally to the point where the state and the city have come to an agreement on everything."

Buc-ee's also has its sights set on Oklahoma for future locations, Nadalo confirmed.

What's the big deal about Buc-ee's?
    So what is it about the massive convenience store and gas station that always fuels excitement?

A lot of customers stop there for the large, clean bathrooms with countless stalls. Others love the beef jerky, barbecue and homemade fudge. And some people can't get enough of those sticky, sweet Beaver Nuggets.

For Mickey Boucher from Houston, it's the consistency of the Buc-ee's brand and the friendly employees.

“The thing is, hospitality has always been a passion that God has given me, and I really feel like Buc-ee’s does that really, really well,” Boucher said on June 10 after she drove to Luling for the grand opening of the world's biggest Buc-ee's. “We’re not the only ones hooping and hollering, they’re doing it, too."

She made the two-hour-plus trip from H-Town to be one of the first in line in Luling.

Thoughts spewed from a mouth that's never tasted a beaver nugget.

Ugh. Bring me IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Ugh. Bring me IKEA.
    dude, for real.

My wife is from SA so we drive to South Texas and back A LOT. Buc -ee's is a literal circle of hell. Literally everything you hate most about going in to a Wal Mart somehow super concentrated in to half (somehow still seemingly half) the square footage and the parking lot replaced with leteral hundreds of gas pumps.

We'll be looking for a QT thank you, hell even a Loves. Bucees is obnoxious trash

Pete I feel like that post on social media is gonna blow up lol

Thread Information