Widgets Magazine

Thread: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

I'm not aware of any place in OKC where they have been able to have a club atmosphere and also successfully operate as a restaurant.

Those are two completely different and often conflicting businesses trying to coexist in the same space.

I understand the desire to use the space for dining when they aren't pumping out drinks with loud music thumping. But it never works, apart from places that serve bar food to people who come mainly to drink and party.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm not aware of any place in OKC where they have been able to have a club atmosphere and also successfully operate as a restaurant.

Those are two completely different and often conflicting businesses trying to coexist in the same space.

I understand the desire to use the space for dining when they aren't pumping out drinks with loud music thumping. But it never works, apart from places that serve bar food to people who come mainly to drink and party.
    The closest I've seen is probably La Brasa but even that has trended more toward a restaurant than a hybrid since 2020 or so.

3. Default Re: Glamour (formerly Banquet Cinema Pub)

Seven 47 in Norman had a good run of doing both when I was at school. Also helps its right next to campus tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Seven 47 in Norman had a good run of doing both when I was at school. Also helps its right next to campus tho.
    Yeah, Campus Corner is generally different.

But even there, the places that try to do both ultimately can't make it work.

BTW, there is a big difference between restaurants with a lively bar scene vs. clubs. The nature of clubs means hordes of hard partiers and spaces that need to accommodate them. That is incongruent with a place where people want to sit down and have a nice meal. There is only so much cleanup and reconfiguration that can be done after being subjected to hundreds who generally have a lot to drink... Lots of bad smells, sticky surfaces, stains, damage, and other things nobody sees in the dim lights of late night.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    RIP Seven47. Spent many fun nights there

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    RIP Seven47. Spent many fun nights there
    yep. Very sad.

La Brasa (on the weekends)?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    La Brasa (on the weekends)?
    That space is kind of unique though. It has been a lunch spot under various names, a grocery store, a night club, a church.. if there was to be an In Living Color "Hey Mon!" skit re commercial real estate, this place could star in it.

They just need to have a dispensary there and it's blackout bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    That space is kind of unique though. It has been a lunch spot under various names, a grocery store, a night club, a church.. if there was to be an In Living Color "Hey Mon!" skit re commercial real estate, this place could star in it.

They just need to have a dispensary there and it's blackout bingo.
    It was always pretty easy to get molly/coke/K when I used to go. I don't imagine things have changed that much.

Thread Information