Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earlywine Clubhouse

Default Re: Earlywine Clubhouse

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

i will say it is completely absurd that they use 7 min tee times with 5 person groups ...

they also don't accept cash ... which is crazy for a muni ..
    Definitely agree on the tee times. Have had a couple of agonizingly slow rounds. And is very weird they don't accept cash. Also surprised they don't have a beverage cart. With so many people on the course I'd assume it would be a profitable endeavor.

Blog Entries

7 minutes is really short these days. With pandemic a lot of courses that were 7-8 pre-pandemic went to 10 and some to 12-14. A lot of those have settled back in to 10 now. I know it is all about $$, but the user experience should come into play a bit even on a muni.

3. Default Re: Earlywine Clubhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Timshel View Post
    Also surprised they don't have a beverage cart. With so many people on the course I'd assume it would be a profitable endeavor.
    They have been slowly disappearing... at least at the courses I play.

Quote Originally Posted by jdg78 View Post
    New renderings have been published per the KFOR story below.

https://kfor.com/news/local/okc-golf...g-renovations/

Pete - The article references the bond issue at $8.5MM. I recall the bond issue was actually $12MM. Thoughts? I’ve been worried about this project as I’ve felt we would get short changed on the final product compared to Hefner and Lincoln. Also, seemed odd that the renderings didn’t surface until now.
    This is the response I received from OKC: "There has not been reduction in the funds for this project, the total budget is $ 12 million. The project’s soft costs for the overall project pay for architecture and engineering fees, permits, studies, art, and project management, construction management, etc. and are the initial costs charged to the project. The construction budget is $ 8.5 million. The size of the facility is the same as Lincoln."

This project is also delayed with a expected completion date of Oct/Nov 2023. Project was reduced by over $100k at todays council meeting.

That's a real shame. The Southside continues to be an afterthought of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That's a real shame. The Southside continues to be an afterthought of the city.
    the project is fully under construction and this change order only added 20 more work days ...

how is it a "afterthought"

the project is fully under construction how is it a "afterthought"
    Because they reduced the project by over $100k so they could get it occupied quicker because it's a project that should have been done some time ago because the Southside is an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Because they reduced the project by over $100k so they could get it occupied quicker because it's a project that should have been done some time ago because the Southside is an afterthought.
    nope they eliminated 2 things to have available funds for extra electrical work and other extra work and still fit into the budget ..

and had those funds left over ..

they are not finishing phase 4 and 5 of parking any more ..

nope they eliminated 2 things to have available funds for extra electrical work and other extra work and still fit into the budget ..

and had those funds left over ..

they are not finishing phase 4 and 5 of parking any more ..
    Unfortunately you are incorrect, below is the document that was used by the city council today. I highlighted their justification.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	17984

Press release:

Earlywine Golf Club Clubhouse Grand Opening July 10
    06/11/2024

The community is invited to the grand opening of the Earlywine Golf Clubhouse, 11600 S Portland Ave, at 10:30 a.m. on July 10.

The new, 8,000-square-foot clubhouse features a full-service restaurant and bar called The Overlook Restaurant and Pub, patio seating with golf course views, a grab-and-go café, a banquet room for 200 guests, an event lawn and a 12-seat conference room that can be rented for private events.

“The new clubhouse is a first-class destination for dining, socializing and community get-togethers,” Dan Langford Jr., Earlywine Director of Golf said. “Earlywine Golf Club is a destination that will be highly sought after.”

The clubhouse also includes 24 covered and lighted driving range bays.

“The practice facility is protected from the weather. It is heated, shaded and lit for nighttime use,” Langford added. “It will be recognized as the best in the region.”

The $8.5 million clubhouse is funded by the voter-approved Better Streets, Safer City Bond election.

Earlywine Golf Club includes two 18-hole golf courses. Tee times can be booked online at okcgolf.com.

Great to hear. I guess that the building itself will be open and they will move out of the trailers. Would be shocked if they are completely done with all construction by that date. The driving range and parking lot still have some work left. That being said, Hefner will have a high bar to clear to be on the same level as Earlywine.

The time it has taken to complete this building is insane. Same with the Altmonte Library and the Senior Health & Wellness Center #4.

Good to see it'll have a lighted driving range. Anyone know where else in OKC there's a lighted range?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    Good to see it'll have a lighted driving range. Anyone know where else in OKC there's a lighted range?
    Kickingbird; open until 11PM.

17. Default Re: Earlywine Clubhouse

Does Top Golf count?

There is also Jimmie Austin in Norman and JRs right off of I44 in Moore, north of Newcastle exit.

Quote Originally Posted by soonergolfer View Post
    There is also Jimmie Austin in Norman and JRs right off of I44 in Moore, north of Newcastle exit.
    JRs is like 5 miles west from Moore city limits lol. I would totally confused had I not known what you are talking about.

Thread Information