Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 333435363738

Thread: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

1. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

We barely pay attention to the pre-season games.

My main reason for posting was to counteract the flawed narrative above stating “…if anything in the center section lower bowl is $10k+, they may be deluding themselves on what prices this market can bear…”

Literally EVERYTHING center section, lower bowl is ALREADY over $10K for a pair. Every single seat. A giant chunk of them are nearly 3x that number, and a significant number of them are multiple factors higher. This market is clearly equipped to pay NBA prices.

Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    We barely pay attention to the pre-season games.

My main reason for posting was to counteract the flawed narrative above stating “…if anything in the center section lower bowl is $10k+, they may be deluding themselves on what prices this market can bear…”

Literally EVERYTHING center section, lower bowl is ALREADY over $10K for a pair. Every single seat. A giant chunk of them are nearly 3x that number, and a significant number of them are multiple factors higher. This market is clearly equipped to pay NBA prices.
    I think the issue is more that the people complaining can't afford to pay those prices. So, they refuse to believe other people have the ability to do so, or if they do not enough of them will want to.

3. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Tickets upstairs start at $12 per seat per game. :shrug:

At the end of the day, a business model with a $160 million+ payroll - not including front office salaries and other massive operating expenses - has to find the money somewhere. If finding them extra money involves adding discretionary services and amenities that can make the game experience even better, I’m all for it.

At the end of the day, a business model with a $160 million+ payroll - not including front office salaries and other massive operating expenses - has to find the money somewhere. If finding them extra money involves adding discretionary services and amenities that can make the game experience even better, I’m all for it.
    I just bought 2 for $16/ticket. Heck of a deal when I live downtown and watch every game anyway. If I had gotten season tickets this year, I would’ve saved somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the total season ticket price just based on not having to pay the crazy ticket fees and inflated secondary market prices for the 3 playoff games we went to.

Agreed. The NBA is a high rent district, you're gonna pay high rent prices. This is the pro's not college.

The Thunder also has one of the lowest average ticket prices in the league.

Obviously, that doesn't make it cheap, but I don't think some realize how inexpensive and easy it is to go to Thunder games, relative to many (most?) teams in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    The Thunder also has one of the lowest average ticket prices in the league.

Obviously, that doesn't make it cheap, but I don't think some realize how inexpensive and easy it is to go to Thunder games, relative to many (most?) teams in the NBA.
    True. I had no idea there were $12 and $16/game season tickets, if I’d been paying attention, I probably would’ve gotten some years ago.

Thread Information