Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10555657585960
Results 1,476 to 1,498 of 1498

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by irishtate View Post
    Oh I totally agree. And even that turn lane "storage length" and "bay taper" (thank you Google), can't be more that 3-5 cars right there. Most drivers won't care that their a** end is hanging out into the road from that turn lane.
    Yeah, unfortunately I see that happen every time I'm out, and can't really blame the driver, but I personally hate to have any effect on anybody else while I'm driving, so I try not to do that unless it's absolutely necessary. I also almost never turn left out of someplace onto May at any point, fool's errand most of the time, usually quicker to just turn right, turn left into someplace, and then turn right back out again. We might just have to take back ways up to Sprouts on our regular Sat shopping trips (we already do sometimes from right past there, turning on 57th), since it's usually a cluster from there on north to past 63rd.

It will be interesting to see how that OnCue on May is affected when the city moves on replacing the May Avenue Bridge over NW Expressway. The most recent article I found is that plans should be finalized in late 2024 and construction to begin in 2025.

How’s the location @ 13th progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how that OnCue on May is affected when the city moves on replacing the May Avenue Bridge over NW Expressway. The most recent article I found is that plans should be finalized in late 2024 and construction to begin in 2025.
    Wow, can't believe that's actually going to happen, although I'll actually believe it when the bridge actually, truly gets demolished... Been needed for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Wow, can't believe that's actually going to happen, although I'll actually believe it when the bridge actually, truly gets demolished... Been needed for decades.
    And it's not going to be a quick fix. A few articles I read have it becoming a diamond interchange.

Other proposed improvements include:

reconstruction of the on- and off-ramps;
    new traffic signals for a new intersection at the crossover traffic point;
    building a 10-foot trail along the center of the bridge; and
    adding ADA-compliant sidewalks, bridge rails and traffic parapet barriers.

Does May Avenue see higher traffic counts than any other road along NW Expressway? I always wondered why this is the only non-interstate related bridge.

I would like to see a SPUI or a diverging diamond if there going to build another bridge.

And it's not going to be a quick fix. A few articles I read have it becoming a diamond interchange.

Other proposed improvements include:

reconstruction of the on- and off-ramps;
    new traffic signals for a new intersection at the crossover traffic point;
    building a 10-foot trail along the center of the bridge; and
    adding ADA-compliant sidewalks, bridge rails and traffic parapet barriers.
    Sounds very nice, hopefully it won't get value-engineered down to what it is today and they just literally replace the bridge itself. Glad we have Villa and Penn as alternate routes and don't really live right near it (we're at 36th/May).

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Does May Avenue see higher traffic counts than any other road along NW Expressway? I always wondered why this is the only non-interstate related bridge.

I would like to see a SPUI or a diverging diamond if there going to build another bridge.
    I think most (if not all) the other streets from Rockwell over to Penn are pretty much residential leading for a long while up to and after NW Expwy, but May is not residential before and after between 50th and Wilshire, so yeah, it probably does have higher traffic counts. No idea what the situation was when it was originally built and why, though.

I believe that May was a state highway but was long ago decommissioned and returned to the City as a street -- same with NW Expressway.

It's pretty crazy how busy May is, especially north of NW 36th all the way to Memorial. The traffic often backs up even past the Sam's gas station; I have to make sure not to go to Sam's between like 3 and 6 because it's so incredibly hard to get in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Sounds very nice, hopefully it won't get value-engineered down to what it is today and they just literally replace the bridge itself. Glad we have Villa and Penn as alternate routes and don't really live right near it (we're at 36th/May).
    Yeah, I live just south of you. The parking lot of Target and that access road on the SW (in front of D&B) will be very busy with people trying to find a way around it. We will just avoid it as we (like you) know alternate routes.

Yeah, I live just south of you. The parking lot of Target and that access road on the SW (in front of D&B) will be very busy with people trying to find a way around it. We will just avoid it as we (like you) know alternate routes.
    Having lived at 67th/May when I was a kid (4-5 decades ago), we rode our bikes all over the area and walked all over, so it's really nice to be able to know how to get places by back roads. Confuses the hell out of my wife, though, when she's driving and I tell her how to get somewhere by using them - "turn left at the 2nd street, now curve around and then turn right in 1 block, then turn left again immediately, ...." and then she finally says "Oh, yeah, I know where I am".

For what it’s worth, I went to the oncue today at 39th and Portland and asked the person at the desk when they thought the May and expressway location was going to open. He said corporate wanted it to be open by July 4th and he shook his head thinking it would me more like mid-August. He said the one on 13th and classen and the one on 35 and Grand they hope to have open by the end of the year. He said the store at May and expressway he will be the GM at.

This is I-35 & Grand:

Yeah, I drove by yesterday and they are just now getting the canopies up. It would be a long shot for the 35/Grand and 13/Classen to get opened by the end of the year.

Went to the OnCue at 36th and May today and they removed part of the counter to start the installation of the self check outs.

Went to the OnCue at 36th and May today and they removed part of the counter to start the installation of the self check outs.
    They installed them at Hefner and May and I absolutely love them. My ex-wife hates them. I'm so happy I don't have to wait behind people buying/cashing lottery tickets, deciding which cigarettes they want, etc. when all I get is a fountain drink. Feels like convenience stores should have been way ahead in the self-checkout game, seeing how handy it is to have it now.

17. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I believe that May was a state highway but was long ago decommissioned and returned to the City as a street -- same with NW Expressway.
    I never knew that about May. But isn't NW Expressway still State Highway 3? Google still shows it as Highway 3 from LHP (74) to Highway 81 (just before Okarche).

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I never knew that about May. But isn't NW Expressway still State Highway 3? Google still shows it as Highway 3 from LHP (74) to Highway 81 (just before Okarche).
    Highway 3 used to turn south onto May and then east on SW 29th to McLoud - and, NW Expressway from LHP to I-44 used to be Highway 3A until 2009.

Default OnCue Expansion in NW OKC

In September and October 2023 OnCue bought a large portion of the SW corner of NW 122nd and MacArthur. Does anyone have any insight as to when they intend to develop it?

Default Re: OnCue Expansion in NW OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Majus View Post
    In September and October 2023 OnCue bought a large portion of the SW corner of NW 122nd and MacArthur. Does anyone have any insight as to when they intend to develop it?
    Welcome to the site.

As far as I know, they have yet to file for building permits at that location. They have a bunch of other stores under construction, so I'd guess that site will be at least a year out.

For what it’s worth, I went to the oncue today at 39th and Portland and asked the person at the desk when they thought the May and expressway location was going to open. He said corporate wanted it to be open by July 4th and he shook his head thinking it would me more like mid-August. He said the one on 13th and classen and the one on 35 and Grand they hope to have open by the end of the year. He said the store at May and expressway he will be the GM at.
    I drive by daily and it is looking like corporate is gonna get their wish

22. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I drove by yesterday, and they had all the landscaping materials ready to go for this week. It seems you are right, they can probably open by July 4th!

23. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I drove by yesterday, and they had all the landscaping materials ready to go for this week. It seems you are right, they can probably open by July 4th!

Thread Information