Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 181920212223

Thread: Mayfair Shopping Center

Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    Not to steal a scoop from Pete, but a Memorandum of Lease was filed in May to Starbucks for the corner parcel. (Record Book 15751, page 493)
    Yes, they are taking the southern part of the building now under construction (see graphics above).

No problemo! I am a plethora of useless knowledge, so any day I get to use it is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, they are taking the southern part of the building now under construction (see graphics above).
    I see that now, that is my mistake. I got assessor parcels mixed up. For some reason, I thought it was for the corner and not the interior. No scoop stolen. I am innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    I see that now, that is my mistake. I got assessor parcels mixed up. For some reason, I thought it was for the corner and not the interior. No scoop stolen. I am innocent.
    Haha... I always appreciate your input and you can steal as many scoops as you want!

HTeaO is nearing completion:

6. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Updates from the Construction Crew.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1720067379005.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	538.5 KB 
ID:	19002 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1720067379096.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	437.9 KB 
ID:	19003 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1720067379473.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	461.9 KB 
ID:	19004

This is the new building on the NW corner of 50th & May.

Starbucks and 5 Guys will go into the ends, each with a drive-thru.

This is the new building on the NW corner of 50th & May.

Starbucks and 5 Guys will go into the ends, each with a drive-thru.

No drive thru for Five Guys.

9. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

I’m no expert on Five Guys, as I've only been to two locations and never really saw the appeal vs other burger places I prefer. But neither had a drive-thru. Pretty sure it’s not a typical part of their MO.

Could be a window for mobile order pickups.

11. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Not sure how practical that is either. They dont make the fries until you get there so they dont get as cold. So either someone is going to be sitting there for a bit longer per person (and granted there usually aren't more than 2 or 3 people waiting like that at a time), or they make be getting cold fries (bleh).

I was mistaken; there will be no drive-thru or pickup window for Five Guys.

13. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I’m no expert on Five Guys, as I've only been to two locations and never really saw the appeal vs other burger places I prefer. But neither had a drive-thru. Pretty sure it’s not a typical part of their MO.
    Five Guys makes one of my favorite "fast food" burgers, but I don't get them near as much as I used to because the prices have probably at least doubled (wish I could remember what they were). They have signs bragging about a $5 burger... that will barely get you in the door these days.

14. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

They and everyone else.

It's not comparison really, but a few of the old school fast food players do have some pretty good $5 deals right now that actually give you a good amount of food. 2 little burgers/fries/nuggets/drink. The fact they can offer it shows how much they're screwing us on the other more "interesting" menu items.

Five Guys, i don't really understand where the hike is coming from other than profit margin. I did hear that they raised their pay in a lot of locations...not sure if that's across the US. I can't imaging that their food service prices went up by this much because like you said, it's basically double. It's always been a bit more than Wendy's or BK or whatever, and for good reason. But a family of 5, you're looking at a $75 bill these days and that's just insane.

The market is going to take care of this one way or another. Either they're going to get pressure to lower prices, or we're just going to suck it up and pay it.

Floyd's Barbershop is taking the space between 5 Guys and Starbucks.

https://www.floydsbarbershop.com/

The entire Mayfair complex is now fully leased. I bet that hasn't been true since the 70s.

16. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Floyd's Barbershop is taking the space between 5 Guys and Starbucks.

https://www.floydsbarbershop.com/

The entire Mayfair complex is now fully leased. I bet that hasn't been true since the 70s.

Is this a first for Oklahoma? This is a large national brand. I wish this was a local Barber, but that says a lot that they got a larger brand like this.

You will be able to go for coffee, then get a haircut, and then have some lunch. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Is this a first for Oklahoma? This is a large national brand. I wish this was a local Barber, but that says a lot that they got a larger brand like this.

You will be able to go for coffee, then get a haircut, and then have some lunch. Haha!
    Which you can also do at the other standalone Mayfair building 3 blocks south - Empire, Summer Moon, Mayfair Barber Shop, and drop your clothes off to be tailored as a bonus at Lamee's Tailor.

18. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Which you can also do at the other standalone Mayfair building 3 blocks south - Empire, Summer Moon, Mayfair Barber Shop, and drop your clothes off to be tailored as a bonus at Lamee's Tailor.
    OH snap! I totally forgot about that tailor on that side. I actually use to go to that barbershop before they remodeled the place. It was one of those good ol' barbershops with larger comfortable chairs and a certain type of magazine on the coffee tables. Haha! I need to go use that tailor soon! Thanks for the reminder!

19. Default Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

…The entire Mayfair complex is now fully leased. I bet that hasn't been true since the 70s…
    That’s a possibility I suppose, but there was a pretty extensive exterior remodel (though nothing like what’s been done recently, of course) in the 90’s that brought quite a bit more vibrancy back at that time. I know this is when you were in California so you might not have seen it at the time, but I’m trying to think of a space that was vacant and can’t recall one. I think it’s pretty likely they were generally fully leased at that point and even into the early aughts.

Off the top of my head there was a yogurt place, old school barbershop, hamburger joint, a CVS (before that it was an Eckers), a beauty supply, Souper! Salad! I think maybe a jeweler, possibly an electronics place..?, an IGA, Union Bank and multiple others on the west side of May.

On the east side you had an Indian restaurant, Steinmart (I think it was possibly CR Anthony’s before that), Michael’s, a printing place, another barber shop (I think), maybe a game shop..?, and multiple other businesses.

This was around the time of or shortly after the major PSM renovation and expansion, and I recall hearing that the Mayfair updates were partly in response to that. Either way, there were a few years where that center was revived, bustling and vibrant. Looked really great at Christmas. This stuff is always cyclical.

Classen Re: Mayfair Shopping Center

Nextdoor to the UPS Store (north) will be Comfort Dental. I’m a little disappointed as I was hoping for another retail option. I hate seeing offices take these spaces. This is such a great center though! Back from the dead.

Starbucks looks very close to opening; 5 Guys is just starting work.

I'm a little disappointed. I could have SWORN that at one time a Taco Casa was going into the location where Starbucks is.

Quote Originally Posted by irishtate View Post
    I'm a little disappointed. I could have SWORN that at one time a Taco Casa was going into the location where Starbucks is.
    It is still planned for the lot immediately north.

We drove through the area this past weekend and just love the coordinated design throughout. It looks really nice. I wish this was all done before we moved out of the area in 2018.

It is still planned for the lot immediately north.
    We are watching closely for it to begin!. we need Taco Casa soon!

Thread Information