Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Homeless Population

Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeless Population

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    It increased dramatically and transitioned. It went to younger pot-users coming from everywhere to Denver in search of marijuana-based jobs and living on the streets because there weren't enough. Then it changed to significantly more of the typical drug and alcohol addicteds and mentally-ill and to hundreds of fentanyl addicts and now, thousands of migrants to the sanctuary city (l'll be nice).

Just today, the mayor admitted the spending of hundreds of millions $ on buying hotels to mass the homeless together isn't working and is going to focus on spending a secretive more millions $ placing and paying for apartments.
    This sounds very anecdotal. Can you supply some linked data showing increases, correlation and causes?

Reading through reporting from the Denver area mostly blames the increasing cost of housing as Denver has become a very expensive city to live in. They speculate as to immigrants being bused in, but I cannot find numbers to support. It shows that women and their children are a large and growing part of the problem. Almost 10,000 kids/students are served in Denver. But the mj industry isn’t cited in the article or numbers quoted.

2. Default Re: Homeless Population

That was a timeline Rover. MJ was legalized in CO in 2012. This is 2024. As for you're not being able to find information, you must not have tried very hard. I was asked and l gave an answer to that person. If you don't like my answer, do your own research and maybe do a better job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    That was a timeline Rover. MJ was legalized in CO in 2012. This is 2024. As for you're not being able to find information, you must not have tried very hard. I was asked and l gave an answer to that person. If you don't like my answer, do your own research and maybe do a better job.
    I did research and found no such correlation that is cause and affect related to mj legalization. Correlation does not equal causation.

4. Default Re: Homeless Population

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    But is marijuana the primary driver of the increased homelessness? You claimed it, you cite something that proves it...
    No, I said the homelessness increased after marijuana became legal. And I cited observation in my home town which legalized mj and then there has been a huge increase. I did NOT say it was primary driver (in fact, I actually said Mental Health is/was) but I said it increased after we legalized mj, which is fact well documented.

Let me simplify my argument, it is true that a child gets acne when they become teenagers. Now, I didn't say children get acne because they are teenagers, but it is true that they get it when they become teens (due to puberty). .. My similar argument, homelessness became more rampant in my and other large cities after we legalized marijuana (but the primary driver was defunding mental health and much stronger drug/alcohol issues that magnified after we legalized mj). Make Sense?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    No, I said the homelessness increased after marijuana became legal. And I cited observation in my home town which legalized mj and then there has been a huge increase. I did NOT say it was primary driver (in fact, I actually said Mental Health is/was) but I said it increased after we legalized mj, which is fact well documented.

Let me simplify my argument, it is true that a child gets acne when they become teenagers. Now, I didn't say children get acne because they are teenagers, but it is true that they get it when they become teens (due to puberty). .. My similar argument, homelessness became more rampant in my and other large cities after we legalized marijuana (but the primary driver was defunding mental health and much stronger drug/alcohol issues that magnified after we legalized mj). Make Sense?
    You are still trying to associate a cause and effect when there isn’t any clear demonstrable relationship . Coincidental timing doesn’t constitute cause and effect. More like acne increased and so did homelessness, so acne is linked to homelessness. Lol

6. Default Re: Homeless Population

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I have found her to be pretty non responsive as well. My business is also in Ward 6
    The only time we saw her near the Homeless Alliance was a morning when the city trash group came out to pick up trash around our area. Soon after that day, they started fining businesses in our area for not picking up trash that the homeless had left on their property.

7. Default Re: Homeless Population

I am trying to get back to the main topic. Here is a recent article on the Reconvening of the Interagency Council on Homelessness.

Thread Information