Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

Has anyone confirmed that the Sooners have moved into the locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc.? Any pictures released?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSeth View Post
    Has anyone confirmed that the Sooners have moved into the locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc.? Any pictures released?
    It was said on the OK Breakdown podcast that the team was fully moved in now.

^

Patty Gasso recently said that all the back-and-forth between the two facilities all season has been really difficult on the team.

When I went to opening day and heard her speak and saw everything involved, all I could think was, "Wow, this all has to be a huge distraction while they are trying to maintain a near-impossible playing standard."

Patty also said there were many times she wished they could just play at Marita Hines.

I know there was this incredible pressure to get the new place operational on Day 1 because they had sold all the season tickets and they needed that revenue. I've felt all season that the rush to move has been a huge distraction and headache. They couldn't even practice there until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Patty Gasso recently said that all the back-and-forth between the two facilities all season has been really difficult on the team.

When I went to opening day and heard her speak and saw everything involved, all I could think was, "Wow, this all has to be a huge distraction while they are trying to maintain a near-impossible playing standard."

Patty also said there were many times she wished they could just play at Marita Hines.

I know there was this incredible pressure to get the new place operational on Day 1 because they had sold all the season tickets and they needed that revenue. I've felt all season that the rush to move has been a huge distraction and headache. They couldn't even practice there until recently.
    Man talk about an underappreciated X factor for how they've played at home sometimes. Aside from the home crowd, it could very much seem like an away ballpark.

I think it's also pretty telling that one of their best offensive performances all year was at HOF during the Big 12 Tourney.

Thread Information