Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
^

Patty Gasso recently said that all the back-and-forth between the two facilities all season has been really difficult on the team.

When I went to opening day and heard her speak and saw everything involved, all I could think was, "Wow, this all has to be a huge distraction while they are trying to maintain a near-impossible playing standard."

Patty also said there were many times she wished they could just play at Marita Hines.

I know there was this incredible pressure to get the new place operational on Day 1 because they had sold all the season tickets and they needed that revenue. I've felt all season that the rush to move has been a huge distraction and headache. They couldn't even practice there until recently.
Man talk about an underappreciated X factor for how they've played at home sometimes. Aside from the home crowd, it could very much seem like an away ballpark.

I think it's also pretty telling that one of their best offensive performances all year was at HOF during the Big 12 Tourney.