Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Nic's Grill

Default Re: Nic's Grill

Bummer. I loved the downstairs bar. I tried going a couple weeks back and the door was unlocked....but no one was there. Hope they do well with the original location.

2. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    https://thefooddoodfeed.substack.com...now-in-history

Nic's Place closed yesterday for good so they can put their focus back on Nic's Grill and bringing breakfast back and looks like they have some plans for the house to the north of the Grill.
    That sucks! I still have half of one of my Nic's Place Sweet Deals of the Day. That place is/was so good! The original location is only better IF you can get in within 2 hours with food left.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    That sucks! I still have half of one of my Nic's Place Sweet Deals of the Day. That place is/was so good! The original location is only better IF you can get in within 2 hours with food left.
    It would be a bad PR move for them to not honor those at the Penn location

I love Nic's Grill and the burger is one of the best I've ever had but yeah it's not super convenient to get to and honestly it's borderline getting gross inside, the dust / potentially mold coating the AC units and ceiling was enough to give my wife the willy's last time we ate there.

Quote Originally Posted by John1744 View Post
    I love Nic's Grill and the burger is one of the best I've ever had but yeah it's not super convenient to get to and honestly it's borderline getting gross inside, the dust / potentially mold coating the AC units and ceiling was enough to give my wife the willy's last time we ate there.
    it is also up to about 20 bucks for a burger and fries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    it is also up to about 20 bucks for a burger and fries
    I mean, a Wendy's double cheeseburger meal is like $14, so I don't think there's any problem with a top 3 burger in the US and fries being $20, lol. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    I mean, a Wendy's double cheeseburger meal is like $14, so I don't think there's any problem with a top 3 burger in the US and fries being $20, lol. Come on now.
    11.59 with a drink

While it makes sense a Nic's burger would be more than a Wendy's burger, the line of thinking is the overall scale should be lower.

tuckers is under 14 ...

the garage is under 11

they changed the prices at the original to match NIc's place .. (and we see how well that went for them)

Ah, congrats on making up a random price. I have a receipt in hand for the Wendy's #1 double cheese with a medium drink, medium fry - $13.68. Wendy's on May and 36th.

I understand you are saying that $20 for a burger is a bit crazy. I also recently got an Egg-a-nator at The Garage. With fries and tax it's 13.66, no drink.

I agree, these prices are all too high. Not much you can do about it though. You can either eat it or not, ya know?

Ah, congrats on making up a random price. I have a receipt in hand for the Wendy's #1 double cheese with a medium drink, medium fry - $13.68. Wendy's on May and 36th.

I understand you are saying that $20 for a burger is a bit crazy. I also recently got an Egg-a-nator at The Garage. With fries and tax it's 13.66, no drink.

I agree, these prices are all too high. Not much you can do about it though. You can either eat it or not, ya know?
    the price i listed is from an online order from the wendys at I40 and Macarthur ..

12. Default Re: Nic's Grill

wow, and I thought burger prices were ridiculous here in the PacNW. Ours might actually be lower than in OKC.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

After some quick look ups at online ordering, mainly from NW OKC locations, here are the burger prices from varying offerings. No tax, burger only, based on a double bacon cheeseburger (or single depending on patty size at some locations).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OKC Burger prices.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	18840

^

Thanks for that. Interesting.

15. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanite View Post
    After some quick look ups at online ordering, mainly from NW OKC locations, here are the burger prices from varying offerings. No tax, burger only, based on a double bacon cheeseburger (or single depending on patty size at some locations).Click image for larger version. 

Very interesting... I guess Five Guys isn't THAT bad after all, at $12.69, actually cheaper than Tuckers. I wouldn't have guessed that.

16. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Garage looks like the best deal TBH

I really like S&Bs veggie patty, and they have a slider size. As a small woman, I don't need a full sized burger, especially if I split a side of Fire fries with my husband. so this is my go to place. According to their menu, a slider costs $5.59 for most of the burgers.

18. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Oof…double meat cheeseburgers are inherently gross to me. And I am a devoted and incredibly regular consumer of cheeseburgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Oof…double meat cheeseburgers are inherently gross to me. And I am a devoted and incredibly regular consumer of cheeseburgers.
    for thicker patties, i totally agree with you... it's just too much, as if the ratios are all off. however, two smashed patties with double the seared exterior and a piece of molten cheese in between... that's close to cheeseburger perfection, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanite View Post

except of course several you listed INCLUDE fries ... in that price ..

also New state "bacon" is super thick almost enough to call it pork belly instead of bacon ... and tuckers single for instance is larger then some of the doubles you listed

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Agreed, two is just too much of everything, for me. The bun, meat, cheese, and onion rations are just right on a normal, one-patty onion burger, again, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    for thicker patties, i totally agree with you... it's just too much, as if the ratios are all off. however, two smashed patties with double the seared exterior and a piece of molten cheese in between... that's close to cheeseburger perfection, imo.
    Too many doubles I see have double cheese, too, which is too much for me! Also, the degree to which some people smash their burgers varies, so if it's a real smashed burger, I could see how I might enjoy your preference!

Thread Information