Widgets Magazine

Thread: Homeless Population

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Homeless Population

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I’m told by officers up there on the street, that as they look back the weed issue was a turning point.
    So, where is the non anecdotal evidence pot has increased homelessness in OKC? Stoners opting to live on the streets? Stoners being violent? Uptick in theft of Doritos? Doubt you will find objective qualification of the idea that legalizing medicinal pot abetted an upsurge in homelessness in OKC. More likely it increases a bunch of old geezers who lose their keys and gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, where is the non anecdotal evidence pot has increased homelessness in OKC? Stoners opting to live on the streets? Stoners being violent? Uptick in theft of Doritos? Doubt you will find objective qualification of the idea that legalizing medicinal pot abetted an upsurge in homelessness in OKC. More likely it increases a bunch of old geezers who lose their keys and gain weight.
    This is purely anecdotal, but I never smell weed being smoked near any homeless camps or gathering spots near my shop. See plenty of empty KD (Kentucky Deluxe) bottles. Never any weed.

3. Default Re: Homeless Population

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    This is purely anecdotal, but I never smell weed being smoked near any homeless camps or gathering spots near my shop. See plenty of empty KD (Kentucky Deluxe) bottles. Never any weed.
    I will back you up on this. In our area, it is mainly those struggling with Meth, Heroin, and Alcoholism. There are plenty who are just financially unable to house themselves. Some is purely about how medical bills and loss of income have happened to them. Others only get addicted after they have been on the street for other reasons completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If you read what I was replying to it was referencing Denver's problem. That is simply what was stated by those who work Denver's streets day in and day out and witnessed the transition in real time.

Now, does the marijuana issue increase other things? Yes it has when you are "prescribing" people marijuana but then not dictating what strain and THC level. You then get users consuming a product with a level of THC that results in PCP like effects. Do I care? At this point nope, the people spoke and voted for it so that is where it stops.

Thread Information