Widgets Magazine

Thread: Best Burgers in OKC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    In your opinion, which of our local favorite burger joints would see success in Bricktown? I honestly think a Tuckers or Burger Punk would do pretty well!
    Those would be the specific ones I'd target (especially Tucker's), but would also add Garage and S&B to the possible options due to the fact that their respective ownership groups are already invested in Bricktown. I'm certain those two groups are concerned that they would be cannibalizing their existing downtown locations. It's one of the reasons that I have been pushing for Bricktown to have a market study done; one which I believe would clearly demonstrate the need for this and other types of fast casual (I believe that the balance of formal dining options vs fast casual in Bricktown is close to the opposite of what it should be). I also think such a study would demonstrate very little demographic crossover between existing and prospective locations.

But I honestly believe Tuckers and Burger Punk might be the most realistic owing to the fact that those groups are a bit more nimble. I have spoken several times with the CEOs of each of those restaurant groups, and they clearly continue to have *SOME* interest in Bricktown, but the district is certainly not on their current road maps. Again, I think the money being left on the ground is unbelievable. This used to be simply an educated guess on my part, based on the eye test and conversations with visitors, but there is now hard data that shows that 65% of ALL unique visits to ALL of downtown OKC involve time spent in Bricktown. Traffic volume alone makes the case. Burger-based menus are a huge hole in the district, just as pizza was before Rendezvous and then Revolutions arrived.

I also think Tuckers would be particularly successful in the district owing to the fact that its burgers are so specifically Oklahoman in nature (onion burgers). It makes tremendous sense in a locale teeming with leisure travelers to the city. They could own the onion burger from a visitor perspective.

2. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Those would be the specific ones I'd target (especially Tucker's), but would also add Garage and S&B to the possible options due to the fact that their respective ownership groups are already invested in Bricktown. I'm certain those two groups are concerned that they would be cannibalizing their existing downtown locations. It's one of the reasons that I have been pushing for Bricktown to have a market study done; one which I believe would clearly demonstrate the need for this and other types of fast casual (I believe that the balance of formal dining options vs fast casual in Bricktown is close to the opposite of what it should be). I also think such a study would demonstrate very little demographic crossover between existing and prospective locations.

But I honestly believe Tuckers and Burger Punk might be the most realistic owing to the fact that those groups are a bit more nimble. I have spoken several times with the CEOs of each of those restaurant groups, and they clearly continue to have *SOME* interest in Bricktown, but the district is certainly not on their current road maps. Again, I think the money being left on the ground is unbelievable. This used to be simply an educated guess on my part, based on the eye test and conversations with visitors, but there is now hard data that shows that 65% of ALL unique visits to ALL of downtown OKC involve time spent in Bricktown. Traffic volume alone makes the case. Burger-based menus are a huge hole in the district, just as pizza was before Rendezvous and then Revolutions arrived.

I also think Tuckers would be particularly successful in the district owing to the fact that its burgers are so specifically Oklahoman in nature (onion burgers). It makes tremendous sense in a locale teeming with leisure travelers to the city. They could own the onion burger from a visitor perspective.
    I am glad you are having these conversations with these CEOs. Dave and Fuzzy's Tacos are killing it down there, and it would probably be a great idea to move into one of those vacancies near Harkins Theater. It might even increase consumer traffic to that side again.

Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Feels like Tucker's could have a terrific spot in Bricktown and do very well based on quality and name recognition. I haven't been let down by any of their locations, they seem like a solid organization.

What has taken/will take the old Earl's spot down there? I am rarely in the area, so I'm not up to speed on the current state of things.

Thread Information