Widgets Magazine

Thread: Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

1. Default Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

I'm most likely going to become unemployed sometime this year. At 65 I don't really want, and probably can't get, a stressful, high responsibility job like I've had for the past 22 years. So I've been looking online at part-time and work-from-home jobs. There's a company advertising for delivery drivers to deliver alcohol to individuals. Has this become legal?

Default Re: Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I'm most likely going to become unemployed sometime this year. At 65 I don't really want, and probably can't get, a stressful, high responsibility job like I've had for the past 22 years. So I've been looking online at part-time and work-from-home jobs. There's a company advertising for delivery drivers to deliver alcohol to individuals. Has this become legal?
    i think it has:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...w/60399586007/
    https://www.wdnonline.com/news/go-dr...legal-oklahoma

3. Default Re: Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

Ok. I hadn't heard that but I know now.

Yes, and in fact, there's a bill currently in session to allow third party deliveries as well. Liquor stores currently deliver for Uber Eats and Door Dash but must use their own employees. If this bill passes, anybody can deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guide View Post
    Yes, and in fact, there's a bill currently in session to allow third party deliveries as well. Liquor stores currently deliver for Uber Eats and Door Dash but must use their own employees. If this bill passes, anybody can deliver.
    This would be VERY dangerous......

...for my wallet!!

I have actually used this to buy drinks for my sister and her husband for their birthdays in another state. I, in OKC, had a couple cases of beer and a couple bottles of wine delivered to them (in Arkansas), as a surprise. They required that the person receiving the delivery (1) be 21 or over and (2) not be drunk.

Read this morning the Governor signed the bill with no longer requires presentation of an ID when buying alcohol. Thus......you don't have to card those that are clearly of legal age.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Read this morning the Governor signed the bill with no longer requires presentation of an ID when buying alcohol. Thus......you don't have to card those that are clearly of legal age.
    well yes and no... this law doesn't change the Able requirement that all must still be of age and with legal valid id... i have talk to several bar owners who said this won't change them from not asking and not serving, because this law doesn't change the fact that if they don't have a valid ID and Able comes in and checks, then they will still get fined.

9. Default Re: Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    I know that my preferred store in a suburb delivers. Usually it's by people that I've seen in their store, but I've also seen people I didn't recognize. But I've also seen them refuse at $20 tip...

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    well yes and no... this law doesn't change the Able requirement that all must still be of age and with legal valid id... i have talk to several bar owners who said this won't change them from not asking and not serving, because this law doesn't change the fact that if they don't have a valid ID and Able comes in and checks, then they will still get fined.
    I wondered about that part. all because someone was denied a drink who didn't have ID and was advanced in age. so lets waste time on legislation to say you don't have to ID people who are obviously of age even though ABLE still requires they have ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    I wondered about that part. all because someone was denied a drink who didn't have ID and was advanced in age. so lets waste time on legislation to say you don't have to ID people who are obviously of age even though ABLE still requires they have ID.
    Almost 1/4 of the way into the 21st century, ABLE needs to move into the 20th.

12. Default Re: Has An Alcohol Law Changed That I Missed?

I believe this was something that was done during the pandemic when bars were closed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Almost 1/4 of the way into the 21st century, ABLE needs to move into the 20th.
    oh don't even get me started on ABLE... they just make rules up that aren't actually law, because they just can.

Thread Information