Widgets Magazine
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1964656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1732

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    So, I guess that leaves only the current Pottery Barn location for Simon's to fill. As much as I dislike Simon for their lack of investment in the mall's appearance, they are doing well at filling spaces with big-name tenants.
    Still need to fill the old BC Clark space, the Mr. Ooley's space, the old Abercrombie space, the old Williams Sonoma space, the old Altar'd state space.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Still need to fill the old BC Clark space, the Mr. Ooley's space, the old Abercrombie space, the old Williams Sonoma space, the old Altar'd state space.
    Oh yeah, damn, I haven't been in the mall for a bit. I forgot about all of those. Also, the Sephora location, most likely. I can't imagine they keep both once the Classen Curve location opens.

I guess my disdain for Simon is still valid lol.

The BC Clark space has a tenant, Mr. Ooley's hasn't even left yet, several sizeable tenants are moving in...

Turnover is part and parcel of retail properties and PSM has done a very good job of maintaining a high occupancy while other malls are sad or completely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    Oh yeah, damn, I haven't been in the mall for a bit. I forgot about all of those. Also, the Sephora location, most likely. I can't imagine they keep both once the Classen Curve location opens.

I guess my disdain for Simon is still valid lol.
    Found out yesterday the store in Penn Square is staying open. A worker there said the new location in Classen Curve will carry slightly different brands. I bet both stores will still be super busy, they have a lot of exclusive products that you can't get elsewhere.

5. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I went to grab a birthday gift over the weekend. One of the little shops we went into still smelled like sewage. It wasn't super strong, but it was obvious. It was the same wing that had the problem for years, so I guess it still isn't completely fixed.

6. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I smelled the same thing. It's that hall where the bathrooms are and the security desk used to be, right? I can't believe after all this time, it's still broken like that. I'm surprised that people are willing to work there or shop there with that stench. It would be better to just wall that area off for storage or something.

Is there an opening date for Abercrombie in the new location yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    Is there an opening date for Abercrombie in the new location yet?
    Not sure but they are also opening Abercrombie Kids.

It's open now!

Amazing how bright and different that looks than the old store!

Pottery Barn is closed and they are busy moving all their merchandise to OAK; the new store opens 10/4.

Victoria's Secret is doing a big renovation; they have opened a temporary store in the old BC Clark space.

I wasn't aware Popeye's had opened in the mall. Also Cantaritos Mexican Grill, which has another location in Quail Springs, but I believe they are local.

That Popeyes has been there for a little while. I go to the mall to grab a quick lunch once every couple of weeks and don't even remember what was there before it. T-Bell?

PSM is so overdue for a major remodel.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    That Popeyes has been there for a little while. I go to the mall to grab a quick lunch once every couple of weeks and don't even remember what was there before it. T-Bell?
    No, I think Taco Bell was where Spunkie's Soul Food is now. I asked my son, who keeps track of all the comings and goings, and Freshen's was in that Popeye's space. They moved to where they are now when Subway closed.

Cantarito's is really tasty. My spouse and I usually get it when we have lunch in the mall.

I've been pretty pleased with Cantaritos the couple times I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Disagree.

Looks nice inside and remains very full and active.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I've been pretty pleased with Cantaritos the couple times I tried it.
    They have a pretty big selection. What do you usually get there? I have been wanting to try it, but am always between a lot of things so I end up going some where else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Disagree.

Looks nice inside and remains very full and active.
    Maybe I’m just spoiled about how nice the malls in LA are. Same thing with fashion show in Las Vegas. I’m not saying Penn Square is a dump. But I think it could use a good remodel. Compare it to either the Beverly Center, fashion Island, or pretty much any of the Westfield malls in LA.

^

Those are the exceptions.

There are plenty of malls like Penn Square in Cali; and plenty that are worse.

They have a pretty big selection. What do you usually get there? I have been wanting to try it, but am always between a lot of things so I end up going some where else.
    My spouse and I always share the Chicken on the Beach. Its chicken and rice and cheese and they give you some tortillas. So good! I've also had their burrito and tacos and those were also very tasty.

I think it's a carnitas and chicken thing, it's been a bit so I couldn't say for certain without checking the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why? The mall looks good and is always busy so it does not really need a major remodel

It’s okay. Did they ever update the restrooms? With the Oak across the street it’d be nice to mirror that vibe. It currently doesn’t.

Thread Information