Widgets Magazine

Thread: CVS Store Closing(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: CVS Store Closing(s)

I think more and more people are moving back to mom and pop pharmacies as customer service is becoming non existent at the big chains. Not mention, very few are 24 hours anymore their pharmacy benefits plans have dropped the national chains. Walmart is the only major pharmacy on my benefits plan. I work for one of the hospital systems and its easier to use their outpatient pharmacy as they know what our plan covers and what it does not better than any other pharmacy. Another benefit is the staff knows me and are always willing to go the extra mile to assist me with whatever I need. They don't waste my time either. If they know its going to be awhile for answer back from the doctor or the supply delivery is going to be late they tell me. They also run a text service that alerts me when meds are ready. I don't sit forever waiting on service in the chairs or browsing at stuff I don't need to buy.

Default Re: CVS Store Closing(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    I think more and more people are moving back to mom and pop pharmacies as customer service is becoming non existent at the big chains. Not mention, very few are 24 hours anymore their pharmacy benefits plans have dropped the national chains. Walmart is the only major pharmacy on my benefits plan. I work for one of the hospital systems and its easier to use their outpatient pharmacy as they know what our plan covers and what it does not better than any other pharmacy. Another benefit is the staff knows me and are always willing to go the extra mile to assist me with whatever I need. They don't waste my time either. If they know its going to be awhile for answer back from the doctor or the supply delivery is going to be late they tell me. They also run a text service that alerts me when meds are ready. I don't sit forever waiting on service in the chairs or browsing at stuff I don't need to buy.
    I do ever remember customer service at the big chains ever being that much above what expect from average big box stores. Maybe some were due to they tended to buy out local pharmacy owners store and hired them to run their pharmacy department, so they just had that skill set as habits when moved over. Though it does seem like some seem worse at staffing to their normal customer load than others in recent years.

Thread Information