Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gem Hotel (formerly The Falls)

Default Re: Boutique Hotel (formerly The Falls)

I think it looks pretty good, I don't understand what's wrong with the top but I guess that's just personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I think it looks pretty good, I don't understand what's wrong with the top but I guess that's just personal opinion.
    I don't like the use of 3 different brick colors but other than that its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Mini golf not only not going away under this proposal, but they would like to incorporate it into the hotel's amenities.
    This is what I get for skimming the article

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I understand the mini-golf has always only been a placeholder for that property, but i am still sad to lost it. That place (and Brickopolis in general) is always super busy and brings so much more life to Bricktown than a parking garage ever will.
    the hotel is on a different property

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    The top two floors are just horrible, please stick with the warehouse/industrial architectural style Mr. Jose Rodriguez. It's like they don't know what else to draw when they get to those floors. SMH.

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...l/71146549007/

Design review should approve this with the caveat that the brick needs to look like Bricktown and not brick colors chosen by someone drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Design review should approve this with the caveat that the brick needs to look like Bricktown and not brick colors chosen by someone drunk.
    i don't believe that there is any brick color requirement in the ord

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

I couldn't find the appropriate thread, so Pete, you can move this to the correct thread, but the boutique hotel (formally The Falls, I believe) on the canal filed for a building permit.

It is called the Gem Hotel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Gem Hotel.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	18577

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    I couldn't find the appropriate thread, so Pete, you can move this to the correct thread, but the boutique hotel (formally The Falls, I believe) on the canal filed for a building permit.

It is called the Gem Hotel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Gem Hotel.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	18577
    For clarification, these plans are labeled "Preliminary Review Only". This is commonly done when a developer is looking for feedback before putting the project out to bid.

As far as I know, this project does not have financing. I believe they are putting all this out there in advance in hopes of finding investors and/or a lender.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For clarification, these plans are labeled "Preliminary Review Only". This is commonly done when a developer is looking for feedback before putting the project out to bid.

As far as I know, this project does not have financing. I believe they are putting all this out there in advance in hopes of finding investors and/or a lender.
    they also have not yet received BUDC approval (they presented in dec and it was continued )

10. Default Re: Gem Hotel (formerly The Falls)

Recently made a trip to San Antonio and stayed at a hotel right on their canal. Greatly enjoyed being able to take an elevator down and immediately walk out to the River Walk. Does make me surprised how OKC doesn't already have a similar hotel concept in Bricktown. The Residence Inn somewhat does fit the bill as a canal-side hotel, but the pool/basketball court doesn't give the same urban feel as a hotel entrance with canal-level restaurants. Really makes me hope this project gains some ground and moves forward (as well as some more future activation of Lower Bricktown in the long term--it'd be a dream to walk the canal and barely be able to see parking lots due to buildings and or landscaping on both sides).

Default Re: Gem Hotel (formerly The Falls)

As per the Oklahoman, this project is dead:

The latest proposal, an eight-story, 60-room hotel that would have required demolition of the current building, died earlier this year without any explanation as to why.
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...d-FeedRedesign

12. Default Re: Gem Hotel (formerly The Falls)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    As per the Oklahoman, this project is dead:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...d-FeedRedesign
    That doesn't surprise me but that sure is a disappointment.

The whole thing seemed a bit iffy to start.

This property has seen at least 3 ambitious proposals that all died.

Bummer. A hotel overlooking the canal would be so cool, it's a shame there isn't one. The canal in general needs more activation.

Thread Information