Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Just a guess but I bet before long I bet there will be a new proposal put up for vote with just the Arrowhead upgrades in it. I think that would have passed easily. It's been my experience that KC is like St. Louis but backwards. I go in KC stores and there are racks and racks of Chiefs gear and a corner of Royals gear. St. Louis is the other way with the Cards vs. the Blues and the NFL teams that moved. So I don't think the Chiefs are going anywhere.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Just a guess but I bet before long I bet there will be a new proposal put up for vote with just the Arrowhead upgrades in it. I think that would have passed easily. It's been my experience that KC is like St. Louis but backwards. I go in KC stores and there are racks and racks of Chiefs gear and a corner of Royals gear. St. Louis is the other way with the Cards vs. the Blues and the NFL teams that moved. So I don't think the Chiefs are going anywhere.
    I agree if this was a split vote, where Question 1- Arrowhead Upgrades and Question 2 was Royals New Stadium...Arrowhead Stadium improvements would have passed easily.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I agree if this was a split vote, where Question 1- Arrowhead Upgrades and Question 2 was Royals New Stadium...Arrowhead Stadium improvements would have passed easily.
    Local sports hosts interviewed the owner of the Rockies before their local opening day. He agreed with this statement and noted the bond issue to build the much less expensive current Bronchos stadium only passed 51 - 48% 20 years ago. That was also after a championship season. There was also something about a very expensive remodel of the Chiefs owners suite at the same time they were pushing for the stadium package that went over very badly.

Thread Information