Widgets Magazine
Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 206566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2203

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: University Town Center

^ Cool, didn't know that. But having to similar casual Asian that close, well we will see. I like PF Chang's though.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I know OU had to upgrade some fields (baseball) for the new SEC rules. I wonder if they have rules for basketball that might be playing into this?
    this is not a thing that happened ..

OU had to move the football student section due to sec rules ..

3. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is not a thing that happened ..

OU had to move the football student section due to sec rules ..
    Thats what the regents said? No? https://sports.yahoo.com/ou-athletic...045900977.html

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    I don't read anything in that article that said they were required to do these upgrades by the Southeastern Conference. The majority, if not all of them, were already in the masterplan long before an SEC move was considered. The point I take from the comments of the the regents, Houck, Harroz, etc. is that with our move to the SEC, these upgrades become more imperative. But I don't read anything there or have otherwise heard of any specific things being "required".

5. Default Re: University Town Center

nvm

6. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    I don't read anything in that article that said they were required to do these upgrades by the Southeastern Conference. The majority, if not all of them, were already in the masterplan long before an SEC move was considered. The point I take from the comments of the the regents, Houck, Harroz, etc. is that with our move to the SEC, these upgrades become more imperative. But I don't read anything there or have otherwise heard of any specific things being "required".
    I guess I could be reading between the lines a bit too much on it. with "cooperative analysis"

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerSooner View Post
    this is correct

8. Default Re: University Town Center

this is correct
    From the OU Daily Sept. 25, 2023: Due to SEC regulations, which requires the home team's student section to be on the opposite side of the field from the visiting team bench, OU's student seating will move from its 2023 spot of sections 26-30 to its revised location of section 20 rows 6-28 and sections 22-28.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    From the OU Daily Sept. 25, 2023: Due to SEC regulations, which requires the home team's student section to be on the opposite side of the field from the visiting team bench, OU's student seating will move from its 2023 spot of sections 26-30 to its revised location of section 20 rows 6-28 and sections 22-28.
    which is what I said here https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...62#post1257762

10. Default Re: University Town Center

And then you agreed with a post saying otherwise to which l responded...... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    And then you agreed with a post saying otherwise to which l responded...... whatever.
    that post was about facility upgrades ... (which is what this discussion was about) there was no requirement do to the SEC for that ..

When is P.F. Chang's set to break ground?

13. Default Re: University Town Center

More about the basketball arena from a Harroz interview: https://www.oudaily.com/news/joseph-...bf6bfb248.html

“I’m very hopeful and do everything I can to keep it here in Norman,” Harroz said. “But if this isn’t approved by the city council for whatever reason, then we’re going to be looking at other (cities), Oklahoma City, Moore, surrounding areas and figure out where is there a group that wants to do this.”

Seems like a bluff. There is no way OU basketball plays in Moore or OKC.

It’s an embarrassing look for the OU administration that these comments even made it into this article. But that is par for the course with regards to how the basketball program has been run recently.

Are there even any other schools that play basketball in an entirely different city?

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    Are there even any other schools that play basketball in an entirely different city?
    There are a few (Villanova and UConn come to mind), but basketball is the most popular sport at both of those schools and they split games between a smaller on-campus arena and a larger off-campus arena. What OU is suggesting would be much more analogous to Miami, UCLA, and Pitt football playing all of their home games in an off-campus stadium. Anyone who follows college football somewhat closely will know that the consistently poor attendance at the home games of those three schools is a running joke amongst college football fans.

For reference, OU moved a couple of home games to the Paycom Center during the 2019-20 season. OU was pretty much an average power conference team that season (finishing with a 19-12 record when the season was cancelled due to the onset of the COVID pandemic), and so were their two opponents (Mississippi State at 20-11, Texas Tech at 18-13). They got 6,442 people in attendance for the Mississippi State game, and 6,879 for the Texas Tech game. By comparison, OU drew 10,000+ fans to the LNC for 7 of their 9 conference games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    It’s an embarrassing look for the OU administration that these comments even made it into this article. But that is par for the course with regards to how the basketball program has been run recently.
    Well, OU can't afford a new arena, so they will build one where they get incentives go offset cost, or get it paid for entirely. Building on-campus would also include demolition costs, as well, most likely.

They got 6,442 people in attendance for the Mississippi State game, and 6,879 for the Texas Tech game. By comparison, OU drew 10,000+ fans to the LNC for 7 of their 9 conference games this season.
    also by comparison, they averaged 5,995 in 8 non-conference games this season.

OU Men's Basketball this year averaged less attendance per game than the Women's Gymnastics meets.

as for the football teams with off campus stadiums you mentioned... well UCLA is in Los Angeles, and Miami is in Miami, and those two cities also have trouble filling on NFL gamedays as well. so perhaps those people just don't go to Football Games regardless of where it is or who is playing. And university of Pitt has had one relevant year in the past 40 (2021). So of course attendance is bad. so i don't see how any of those are relevant to the conversation at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    also by comparison, they averaged 5,995 in 8 non-conference games this season.

OU Men's Basketball this year averaged less attendance per game than the Women's Gymnastics meets.

as for the football teams with off campus stadiums you mentioned... well UCLA is in Los Angeles, and Miami is in Miami, and those two cities also have trouble filling on NFL gamedays as well. so perhaps those people just don't go to Football Games regardless of where it is or who is playing. And university of Pitt has had one relevant year in the past 40 (2021). So of course attendance is bad. so i don't see how any of those are relevant to the conversation at hand.
    Miami is in BFE, especially compared to their campus. UCLAs stadium is in Pasadena. May as well be Sacramento, given the traffic to get from Westwood there.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Miami is in BFE, especially compared to their campus. UCLAs stadium is in Pasadena. May as well be Sacramento, given the traffic to get from Westwood there.
    agreed.

Default Re: UPDATE! University North Park

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Well keep in mind that Norman is not exactly the most pro-development city in the world in the first place.
    Moore and OKC are more pro development than. Norman.

Nice update on the status of this project. It also addresses the comments made earlier by Prez Joe on the arena leaving Norman.
    https://www.oudaily.com/news/harroz-...dbab27b1b.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Nice update on the status of this project. It also addresses the comments made earlier by Prez Joe on the arena leaving Norman.
    https://www.oudaily.com/news/harroz-...dbab27b1b.html
    south moore hello

south moore hello
    Lol. Lmao, even.

Building a new arena off campus is embarrassing for OU. Good thing it will never happen.

Thread Information