Widgets Magazine

Thread: Love's Field (softball)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

As expected, the areas behind the plate and near the dugouts are artificial turf; even the black areas are fake grass. The artificial turf in the bullpens is also black for some reason.

First home game is a week from Friday, so they must get the concrete poured along the top concourses for both the main grandstand and outfield, otherwise there is no way to get people in and out and have them circulate. Also have to finish the perimeter fencing and put padding along the playfield walls.

Not sure if the restrooms will be ready or if they'll bring in porta-potties. Hopefully the main scoreboard will be functional.

I bet they will be still putting on the finishing touches (like landscaping) throughout the season.

Looks like great weather for the next 10 days and there were a ton of people out there working at 10 AM on a Sunday.

Default Re: Love's Field (softball)

You obviously got a better look at it than I did, but I think that turf is just dark brown. For some reason artificial turf dirt is always the wrong shade of brown. You can see it at L.Dale too -- the dirt never looks right.

https://twitter.com/AstroTurfUSA/sta...233936/photo/1

I bet Joe C. and Patty are really disappointed that so much will be unfinished for the first series.

Thread Information