Widgets Magazine

Thread: Diamondback Energy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Diamondback Energy

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I've been hearing these rumors as well. But my gut feeling is that this merger is going to shoot down any momentum in OKC's direction. This is them doubling down on the Midland basin and taking on a lot of staff who are all committed Midland residents.
    That's true but growth in Midland is still an issue. The pool of talent in Midland is maxed out and while there is a contingent of people who absolutely love it there, there is an equal or larger group that would jump at the chance to live in another O&G city that isn't Houston. You can definitely recruit people there (by paying for it) but there is a limit to that. There is a reason that Diamondback and Endeavor were the last remaining large companies headquartered there. I think Diamondback merging with a company owned by Autry Stephens probably ensures that the HQ stays there for awhile (maybe forever) but I do think they will take advantage of having an office here (as Diamondback has), especially when it comes to hiring accounting, finance, and administrative roles as it is cheaper and easier to hire people here.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    That's true but growth in Midland is still an issue. The pool of talent in Midland is maxed out and while there is a contingent of people who absolutely love it there, there is an equal or larger group that would jump at the chance to live in another O&G city that isn't Houston. You can definitely recruit people there (by paying for it) but there is a limit to that. There is a reason that Diamondback and Endeavor were the last remaining large companies headquartered there. I think Diamondback merging with a company owned by Autry Stephens probably ensures that the HQ stays there for awhile (maybe forever) but I do think they will take advantage of having an office here (as Diamondback has), especially when it comes to hiring accounting, finance, and administrative roles as it is cheaper and easier to hire people here.
    It's staying there forever. Between Diamondback and Permian Resources, Midland will always have those. Almost every major driller has a corp office in Midland anyway.

Diamondback just might not exclusively grow Midland, and some could spill into OKC. I believe their Chief Accounting Officer is in OKC iirc

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    It's staying there forever. Between Diamondback and Permian Resources, Midland will always have those. Almost every major driller has a corp office in Midland anyway.

Diamondback just might not exclusively grow Midland, and some could spill into OKC. I believe their Chief Accounting Officer is in OKC iirc
    Yeah my saying maybe was with the caveat that they might be bought out at some point.

Could definitely see OKC getting some spillover as the companies merge.

Thread Information