Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
Thank you all for the responses, that helps a lot. RedHawks does sound like a hockey team name from the 90s, early 00s, so that makes sense. I remember being ecstatic when the change was announced but no small part of it was from my dislike of the RedHawks branding. I do like the Dodgers using the namesake as it does give a level of immediate recognition and ties Oklahoma City to one of the richest histories in baseball.

I feel it’s next to impossible this happens but for the sake of imagination, I love to think about them becoming an MLB franchise and changing their branding back to the 89ers.
Would love to see Oklahoma City join Milwaukee in becoming an NBA and MLB town and 89ers would have been my favorite.

It won't happen; our current Bricktown Ballpark expansion capabilities indicates that a 35,000-seat maximum expansion could
occur for that facility. Barry Tramel former writer with the Oklahoman felt that the number for MLB in OKC wouldn't work:

"Now OKC and baseball are mentioned together again, this time after new commissioner Rob Manfred talked about the possibility of expansion and ESPN was among the outlets that listed Oklahoma City as one of the 10 markets targeted for consideration. The others were Montreal; Charlotte, N.C.; San Antonio; Portland, Ore.; Las Vegas; northern New Jersey; Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico."-- https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spor...c/60735026007/

At least we are being mentioned whenever expansion or relocation comes up.