Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ronnie Kaye fired?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Ronnie Kaye fired?

Agreed that it was a stupid, insensitive thing to say, especially live on air. I'll miss him, but I agree with the termination.

2. Default Re: Ronnie Kaye fired?

As a fairly educated, older white male, I am continually amazed at the number of people in my demographic, men and women alike, who are willing to die on the hill that is "Columbus Day." The only defense of that holiday and its name is "That's what it always was, so it should stay that way."

Veterans Day used to be called Armistice Day and I sure don't see any fellow white people getting their panties in a wad over that change.

Default Re: Ronnie Kaye fired?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    As a fairly educated, older white male, I am continually amazed at the number of people in my demographic, men and women alike, who are willing to die on the hill that is "Columbus Day." The only defense of that holiday and its name is "That's what it always was, so it should stay that way."

Veterans Day used to be called Armistice Day and I sure don't see any fellow white people getting their panties in a wad over that change.
    It’s definitely not the most meritorious of hills (when viewed against the great pantheon of hills), but there are certainly hills in this world which proffer considerably less merit in comparison.

Thread Information