Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
You don't hate Edmond, you just see it differently. Undeveloped land is opportunity, landowners are challenges to overcome, not people with lives and interests which should also be considered. You'd likely think nothing of developing Section 8 housing in the middle of town. Traffic, overcrowding local schools, blight.. not your problem.

Developers have all of the power to make that relationship less contentious and they steamroll residents anyhow. It's just frustrating to them in Edmond that our municipal government gives a lot of attention to the interests of the residents.

And that's fine for us. Edmond doesn't want giant developments or sprawling multifamily complexes. We don't want "lifestyle centers" or shopping malls.

And that's going to lead to slow growth, which many of us see as a feature and not a bug.
I don’t necessarily agree that Edmond doesn’t want lifestyle centers. I think there’s a prevailing mentality in Edmond, such as the way you phrase it I would agree with you a lot of Edmondnites think that they don’t want such a development but I’d argue it would be very successful. It just hasn’t been given a chance.

Look at downtown Edmond.

As far as any traffic issues go that is only going to get worse over time and OKC sprawls. Edmond has just been on the outer fringes of the metropolitan area for a while, but that is going to change.