Widgets Magazine

Thread: Sellout Crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Sellout Crowd

I'm starting to warm up to Sellout Crowd.

It seems Berry Tramel is writing more than he was before, and he just had a great podcast with Dusty Dvoracek.

Tramel is the one sportswriter in this state who seems to really do a lot of research and often uses that for perspective. To me, that sets him way apart from everyone else.

I hope all these writers are making money, especially since most of them were laid off or underappreciated (I remember when they forced Tramel and others into unpaid furlows) by the state's two biggest newspapers.

2. Default Re: Sellout Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm starting to warm up to Sellout Crowd.

It seems Berry Tramel is writing more than he was before, and he just had a great podcast with Dusty Dvoracek.

Tramel is the one sportswriter in this state who seems to really do a lot of research and often uses that for perspective. To me, that sets him way apart from everyone else.

I hope all these writers are making money, especially since most of them were laid off or underappreciated (I remember when they forced Tramel and others into unpaid furlows) by the state's two biggest newspapers.
    Berry is a sports writer who is also an historian. That is my favorite sub-genre of sports writers. He is also very accessible and although I don't always agree with him, he has never failed to answer an email I sent him.

Default Re: Sellout Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    He is also very accessible and although I don't always agree with him, he has never failed to answer an email I sent him.
    Agree 100%. I have had the opportunity to meet Berry on a couple of occasions at various events. The very first time I saw him, I decided to strike up a conversation. We ended up chatting for quite some time. A year later or so, I saw him again and he remembered me. We chatted again for a bit even though there were plenty more important people at this particular function. Just an overall good guy and a very good writer.

Thread Information