Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
While I'm not a fan of either of the senators involved, I do like this proposed regulation. It would bring some degree of order into the chaos that now exists in college sports.

https://apnews.com/article/nil-ncaa-...a2590ab06acab0

"The Protecting Athletes, Schools, and Sports Act would establish a regulator to oversee agents and collectives, the booster-funded organizations that provide many NIL deals to college athletes. It would also establish a uniform NIL contract for athletes, create a public website to publish NIL data without revealing names of athletes and require contracts to be disclosed within 30 days.

The bill would make it illegal for states to pass laws that permit college athletes to share revenue with schools and conference that generate billions from sports such as major college football and basketball.

ASS would require schools to fund some long-term health care for their athletes. It also would regulate transfer rules, requiring athletes to complete three years of academic eligibility before being able to switch schools and immediately compete."
I like it all except the transfer rules. If coaches can leave whenever so should athletes.