Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

I am curious if any OKC Thunder fanatic has the win/loss record for every OKC NBA season played and possibly the win/loss record for the NBA team that won the championship each year that the Thunder has been in existence? I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    he is the best coach the Thunder have had since they have been in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is the best coach the Thunder have had since they have been in OKC
    That still doesn’t say much considering who his Thunder coach peers are, lol. In all seriousness, Mark Daigneault definitely appears to have a better grasp of what to adjust and when to adjust that past coaches just didn’t have. He is willing to use short minute lineups to try out things that allows both him and the players to get the most out of each game. With Brooks, he was playing tic-tac-toe, Donovan was playing checkers, Daigneault is playing Go.

I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    He was runner up for coach of the year in the entire league. Coach D is exceptional.

Have you ever listened to him speak about BB ?

I am curious if any OKC Thunder fanatic has the win/loss record for every OKC NBA season played and possibly the win/loss record for the NBA team that won the championship each year that the Thunder has been in existence? I noticed that the Thunder signed the current head coach to a multi-year deal but I wonder how good he really is?
    You can find this information using internet search engines. But, if that's your basis for judging Mark Daigneault then I suggest it's not going to be very helpful. Daigneault is widely respected in the league and I agree with others that he's the best coach OKC has had. He's both a player's coach and a good X and O's guy. Brooks and Donovan both struggled with that latter. Glad we signed him long-term.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder players & roster related

Agree with some of both of you guys perspective.

Daigneault is the best coach OKC Thunder has had. He has been apart of the franchises' transformation, basically having to pick up the pieces and start from scratch.

Brooks (Carlesimo's replacement) did an outstanding job; however it was obvious that Durant & Westbrook weren't in sync, occasionally observed drifting into their own worlds during strategic time outs. Thunder lost to the Heat in the 2012 finals. Brooks was given more time to get the team together--fired in 2015.

His replacement (Donovan) had the Golden State Warriors down 3 - 1 in the 2015-16 WC finals and lost the series: then Durant joined the Warriors and Donovan's contract expired at season's end (2019-20), and the sides decided against pursuing an extension.

Let's give Coach Mark Daignault time to finish the outstanding job (IMO) he is doing with the team. Mark has kept the team together (very organized), players are attentive--huddled together during time outs, something you didn't see with Brooks and Donovan after their attempts to patch together an over-hyped out-of-control Westbrook and a mentally ailing Durant.

Thread Information