Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
This state does not want educated citizens. The oil and gas overloads act threatened by other industry. This boost in education spending is mostly for common education, not higher education, and as Rover points out, only kinda gets us up to par after falling behind.

The lack of college educated citizens is a real drag on getting knowledge jobs here. Stitt thought an empty field near Tulsa would get us Tesla. "Hey, check out this field. It could be yours!"

The State Chamber is at least part of the problem, or was in the past. Obstinately stubborn about setting a lower priority for education in favor of tax incentives that aren't getting any takers.
What “oil and gas overlords” are attempting to stop other industries from growing here or have attempted to prevent the state from enticing/incentivizing other industries to move here? Please site specific examples, especially over the last 10-15 years.

The oil and gas industry is always brought up as some evil boogie man here when it comes to conversations about diversifying the economy and no one ever elaborates on that outside of attempt to find a scapegoat and assign blame. I fail to see how it’s actively tried to prevent the growth of any industry here over the two decades that I’ve really been paying attention to it…especially when aerospace, defense, renewable energy, tech, tourism, and others have all made strides during that time, but I would be happy to consider any evidence disputing that.