Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oklahoma Bottom 10 for business.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oklahoma Bottom 10 for business.

On these ratings where health insurance or quality of health is concerned, do they count the Native American health care systems per the number of NA people as covered ?

I have an Arapaho friend who never had health insurance due to using their Indian hospital in Clinton. He once told me that the cost for his kids being born was a tank of gas in the car.

I wonder if our bad ratings in Oklahoma health care is skewed by the Indian Nations having their own health systems ? Are the individuals being counted in the surveys ?

Default Re: Oklahoma Bottom 10 for business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    On these ratings where health insurance or quality of health is concerned, do they count the Native American health care systems per the number of NA people as covered ?

I have an Arapaho friend who never had health insurance due to using their Indian hospital in Clinton. He once told me that the cost for his kids being born was a tank of gas in the car.

I wonder if our bad ratings in Oklahoma health care is skewed by the Indian Nations having their own health systems ? Are the individuals being counted in the surveys ?
    Oklahoma is not the only state that has the NA population covered by PHS coverage. Also uniformed DoD personell are covered by a public health system that does not require insurance coverage for services. Many states have more uniform wearing DoD folks than Oklahoma.
    My guess is the numbers only count those with no insurance and no healthcare.

Thread Information