Widgets Magazine

Thread: OETA Funding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OETA Funding

His statement that it "had its place in 1957" is truly galling. When did opera, Sesame Street, American Masters, Boston Pops at Tanglewood, etc. become passe?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    His statement that it "had its place in 1957" is truly galling. When did opera, Sesame Street, American Masters, Boston Pops at Tanglewood, etc. become passe?
    He also made the statement that all of the OETA programming could just as easily be on commercial stations. YEAH RIGHT. Like that will ever happen. Over 50 percent of the shows that I record to watch later are on OETA. I seriously doubt that he is even aware of 90 percent of the programming they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    I guess Stitt means that most everybody is turning to streaming online, the Internet, to get their TV programming. Cable TV is dead, especially with the young folks. And probably not many people young or old want to bother with hooking up their TV to an antenna, so they can get over the air channels. Not much on there is worthwhile. After all, you can't get Fox News, CNN or ESPN and so on that way. How I wish you could, though.

Thread Information