Widgets Magazine

Thread: OU Academic Rankings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OU Academic Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

1) Mythical national championship? He said that in 1951 after they won a CONSENSUS national championship in 1950.

2) How was that the mindset since it’s founding? Do you think George Lynn cross was president in 1890? He didn’t start his tenure as president until 1943. Football was a relatively new sport in 1890 and OU didn’t even get decent until after Bennie Owen was hired in 1905. And didn’t become a power house program until the late 40s and early 50s.

Get your history straight before going off on tangents that don’t make any sense historically to justify whatever weak point you were trying to make to start. Academics need to improve but football and the athletic program being excellent/relevant so nothing but help bring OU closer to that goal. Look no further than pre 2000 NC vs post 2000 NC.

Hey Man, don't blow a gasket. If you disagree with my analogy, OK or even my take on academics.OK, no need to be so defensive, its just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Hey Man, don't blow a gasket. If you disagree with my analogy, OK or even my take on academics.OK, no need to be so defensive, its just my opinion
    You threw out inaccurate facts to back up one of your usual over the top negative opinions. It’s not an opinion when you’re factually wrong. Stop throwing out dumb opinions that you can’t back up. If 99% of your posts are negative, provide no constructive feedback and you give completely bogus justification for them…expect reactions like mine when speaking about things others care about…

Throwing out pipe bombs, and then being upset when they blow up, is the definition of a troll.

I agree with you that the rankings aren't good. But then you go on and wax poetic, spouting your opinions as facts. You can't be mad when someone counters and proves your opinion and bad facts wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Throwing out pipe bombs, and then being upset when they blow up, is the definition of a troll.

I agree with you that the rankings aren't good. But then you go on and wax poetic, spouting your opinions as facts. You can't be mad when someone counters and proves your opinion and bad facts wrong.
    The statement I quoted is a factual statement. Address the point, which is one you agreed with "rankings aren't good". These other objections are just deflections from that fact. Oh, and as an aside, I certainly am not upset Lol

The statement I quoted is a factual statement. Address the point, which is one you agreed with "rankings aren't good". These other objections are just deflections from that fact. Oh, and as an aside, I certainly am not upset Lol
    Are you intentionally ignoring the rest of your post? You more than insinuate that the academic rankings are low because the school focuses too much on the football program and not enough on academics and then tried to make some stupid argument that it’s been that way since it was founded despite the fact that the program wasn’t all that relevant until 60 years later. Then ignore reality about the relationship between academics and the athletic department today.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Are you intentionally ignoring the rest of your post? You more than insinuate that the academic rankings are low because the school focuses too much on the football program and not enough on academics and then tried to make some stupid argument that it’s been that way since it was founded despite the fact that the program wasn’t all that relevant until 60 years later. Then ignore reality about the relationship between academics and the athletic department today.
    Thats why Texas has improved academically. They have been garbage on the field to make up for it.

Thread Information