Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
I’m as afraid of giving the government too much power as anyone is but the repeat offenders need to be rounded up and taken to a mental institution, rehab, jail or and anywhere else but here if they aren’t willing to go to live in a shelter or housing provided by the city and abide by the rules of that housing. My compassion is gone at this point and if you don’t deal with them on a daily basis your opinion shouldn’t even be considered. I’m tired of all the bleeding hearts that don’t deal with them on a day to day basis acting like those of us who do are terrible people for wanting some kind of resolution.
If all it takes to be "rounded up" is being homeless, then the only thing the government needs to do to get rid of those inconveniencing them is declare them homeless. Report a few too many things on the Action Center, complain about Swadley's a little too loudly, maybe be a bit too negative about one of the governor's turnpikes, and...oh, gee, look who ended up on the homeless list "by mistake". You'll just have to hire a lawyer to fight that in court...with all that money you're not making because you're locked up in jail for being homeless...

Those examples are a bit ridiculous, but I absolutely do not trust any government in Oklahoma to use that kind of power responsibly. Or competently, for that matter.