Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
There was a hearing on Monday.

I've followed enough white-collar crime cases to know this means there are plea bargain negotiations in progress.

Given the charges and the renewed interest by our new Attorney General (Drummond), I'm sure it's just a matter of how much prison time and the exact amount of restitution for each of the three defendants (Harris, Chaney and Brock); there is no way these guys skate and it's rare cases like this go to trial:
It doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've negotiated enough white collar crime cases to know that this really means nothing other than that potentially, they're kicking the can down the road a bit. Defendants are rarely excited to move things along and the State isn't necessarily interested in turning up the pressure to do anything because they haven't pushed for preliminary hearings nor have they asked the Defendants to waive prelims for further continuances. I wouldn't read much into it at all. It doesn't tell me that the A.G. isn't taking it seriously, I can tell you it's going to be a complicated preliminary hearing.