Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
One thing i just noticed is, in theory, when this is done you'll see less semis in the city because every route can now use a turnpike as a bypass.
The placement of the Kickapoo turnpike and the bend on the new bypass design still seem odd to me, unless they were expressly trying to keep it a bypass and limit suburban sprawl, which seems unlikely. Such a massive jog to the east makes it unlikely new housing on the east side of Norman would take it into the city, so seems likely to put more pressure on i35 when it could have relived some off it. Kickapoo in general is so far out it does not seem will have the type of population they tend to look for in the rest of their loop routes before it needs major renovation.

There is also the kink at bottom of the Kickapoo turnpike that goes the opposite way the extension will track, it looks like there is a path they could have taken without changing the rest of what was built that would move the juncture two miles closer to the North/South section in Norman, and it is pretty clear from how they built the juncture they were planning to extend it in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post