Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Canton ( formerly Residences at Classen Curve)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Canton ( formerly Residences at Classen Curve)

Keep in mind that is not the first time a building like this burned in the same manor. I have not been keeping track but I do remember others on some of my fire service news reports of similar sized or larger apartment complexes in other parts of the country experiencing similar outcomes. If memory serves me correct, I think there was another as large or larger complex that burned within the last year or two in the Dallas area. I would have to go back and research the information. Also in Edmond we had a similar apartment building with similar type of construction burn a few years ago. I happened to be in the area and did watch that one That one was at about the same point of completion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Canton ( formerly Residences at Classen Curve)

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Keep in mind that is not the first time a building like this burned in the same manor. I have not been keeping track but I do remember others on some of my fire service news reports of similar sized or larger apartment complexes in other parts of the country experiencing similar outcomes. If memory serves me correct, I think there was another as large or larger complex that burned within the last year or two in the Dallas area. I would have to go back and research the information. Also in Edmond we had a similar apartment building with similar type of construction burn a few years ago. I happened to be in the area and did watch that one That one was at about the same point of completion.
    During construction there are always hazards to watch for. There are sometimes piles of materials. There are brazing torches. There are temporary electrical connections. Etc., etc. Any failure to deal with the hazards properly can result in a catastrophic event. Safety on job site is extremely important. Once construction is complete and all systems function properly and have been inspected to confirm all safety standards are met, the risk goes down. Safeties are built into the system.

Thread Information