Widgets Magazine

Thread: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2022 OKC Mayoral Race

Went to vote, went in the wrong precinct room, and a very ‘in charge’ individual, examining my voter ID said wrong room, but that my card was old and needed to be replaced. Same address as the card (from 2007), went to correct room, no questions or problems. So if you don’t change address, or party affiliation, how long is a voter ID card good for?

Quote Originally Posted by Mott View Post
    Went to vote, went in the wrong precinct room, and a very ‘in charge’ individual, examining my voter ID said wrong room, but that my card was old and needed to be replaced. Same address as the card (from 2007), went to correct room, no questions or problems. So if you don’t change address, or party affiliation, how long is a voter ID card good for?
    Yeah, I think our election board needs to do a better job training the precinct workers on a lot of process, procedure, and etiquette. When I voted today, the poll worker was standing right next to the machine and looking at every single person's ballot as they put it in. That's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Yeah, I think our election board needs to do a better job training the precinct workers on a lot of process, procedure, and etiquette. When I voted today, the poll worker was standing right next to the machine and looking at every single person's ballot as they put it in. That's not allowed.
    Voters can put the ballot face down into the machine to preserve their secrecy. Not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I had that, and when I said my address didn't match what was in their book they told me to be quiet about that. I only moved a mile down the road, but still.

I don't know how long they are "good" for, but you should have received a new one if they changed your polling place. I think I got my third one in three years because my polling place keeps getting moved.

To get a new one, you have to contact the county election board. There is no easy way to get one. You will have to email them or call.
    They really should put a button to request a new one on the OK Voter Portal https://okvoterportal.okelections.us/

Thread Information