Widgets Magazine

Thread: Covid-19 News and Information

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I don't know, but -22 for the whole week isn't much of a decline because that number would be for the entire state. So, it would make sense that despite that the numbers may be declining a bit, having 22 fewer ICU admissions isn't much of a decline when we were literally sending people out of state a couple weeks ago.

It will take another week or two of declines before hospitals aren't bursting at the seams. The good news is the numbers are going down, and since hospitalization numbers lag case numbers, it's a sign that the decline in case numbers we are seeing is real and hopefully sustainable. That's certainly cause for celebration.
    Yes. Case numbers have to drop for hospitalizations and ICU numbers to drop. With case numbers dropping like a rock the others will follow.

Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Yes. Case numbers have to drop for hospitalizations and ICU numbers to drop. With case numbers dropping like a rock the others will follow.
    But according to the figures Pete has been providing, hospitalizations and ICU numbers are already dropping. Maybe I'm misunderstanding his figures. Is the drop in hospitalizations and ICU numbers just referring to new patients or is about the current total numbers of people who are hospitalized or in an ICU?

3. Default Re: Covid-19 News and Information

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    But according to the figures Pete has been providing, hospitalizations and ICU numbers are already dropping. Maybe I'm misunderstanding his figures. Is the drop in hospitalizations and ICU numbers just referring to new patients or is about the current total numbers of people who are hospitalized or in an ICU?
    Cases peaked around Jan 22. Hospitalizations started dropping around Jan 28. I would hope hospitalizations start to drop faster in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    Yes, it's a very positive development. But they haven't yet dropped enough for the hospitals. Recall that people at Integris and Saints and other major hospitals were being moved out of state for care as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Certainly you're not trying to imply that the hospitals are being misleading about their capacities, right?

So, yes, it's absolutely great that ICU admissions and hospital admissions are beginning to drop; they just haven't dropped enough yet for hospitals to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Yes, it's a very positive development. But they haven't yet dropped enough for the hospitals. Recall that people at Integris and Saints and other major hospitals were being moved out of state for care as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Certainly you're not trying to imply that the hospitals are being misleading about their capacities, right?

So, yes, it's absolutely great that ICU admissions and hospital admissions are beginning to drop; they just haven't dropped enough yet for hospitals to relax.
    I wasn't trying to imply anything. I was just trying to understand and king183 gave a very good explanation.

Thread Information