Widgets Magazine

Thread: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I'm guessing that concept of food being served has come and gone. Covid delivered the death blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Well the one in Moore was basically a Golden Corral.... It was nothing like the Cafeteria style Furr's we grew up with which had faded away well before Covid.

I thought buffets were finished but Golden Corral appears to have survived Covid by looking at their parking lots these days and the Chinese buffets appear to have made it through too.
    Golden Corral and Chinese buffets both appeal to a somewhat different demographic than do true cafeterias. The demo that has kept cafeterias alive for decades is rapidly disappearing, and the move that Furr's made to embrace the new model was too little, too late. And - not that I paid much attention to Furr's after my own childhood after-church visits ended - I suspect many or even most of the Furr's locations corporate-wide had yet to make the switch, which I'm sure involved significant remodel at each location. If the whole chain was unhealthy it would still drag down the locations which had made the switch. Cafeteria dining is a simply a relic of another time.

Default Re: Industry Gastro Lounge Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Golden Corral and Chinese buffets both appeal to a somewhat different demographic than do true cafeterias. The demo that has kept cafeterias alive for decades is rapidly disappearing, and the move that Furr's made to embrace the new model was too little, too late. And - not that I paid much attention to Furr's after my own childhood after-church visits ended - I suspect many or even most of the Furr's locations corporate-wide had yet to make the switch, which I'm sure involved significant remodel at each location. If the whole chain was unhealthy it would still drag down the locations which had made the switch. Cafeteria dining is a simply a relic of another time.
    Yeah, I went to the last Luby's in OKC at Britton/May for lunch once back in maybe 2016 or 2017 and still remember the experience because I legitimately might have been the youngest person in there by 30 years or so.

Thread Information