Widgets Magazine
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    they do have massive injury issues on D currently ... 4 guys in the secondary out and a starting DT
    They’re awful on defense and injuries are an excuse. Georgia was down 4 starters and didn’t miss a beat. They’re soft as baby sh*t.

this was a pretty fun watch...

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

3,000-seat ballpark complex for women's softball.

OU made official Thursday what has been known behind the scenes for a few months — Love’s Travel Stops is making a donation that could be as large as $12 million for the building of a new softball stadium.

Oklahoma Board of Regents approved (three years ago) the proposal for that new facility. But with a $27 million price tag, a pandemic hitting athletics hard and an athletic department philosophy at OU not to start any major project until money is in hand, the plans remained on hold.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Texas Tech Red Raiders 21 @ Oklahoma Sooners 52

Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401287931

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    We'll see how Williams starting at QB pans out. But I am not completely sold after him only playing 6 quarters. Let's see how he looks against tougher teams like Baylor & OSU.
    Bump...

6. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Bump...
    CW was NOT the problem. -1 yards rushing in the 2nd half was indicative of the problem. Plus the number of times Baylor had 3rd and long and made the first down. QB play, no matter which QB is playing is the least of OUs worries.
    Problems:
    Our offensive line is just not very good.
    Our defensive is inconsistent at best.

Blog Entries

Baylor Bears 27 - Oklahoma Sooners 14

Gamecast https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId=401287938

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    CW was NOT the problem. -1 yards rushing in the 2nd half was indicative of the problem. Plus the number of times Baylor had 3rd and long and made the first down. QB play, no matter which QB is playing is the least of OUs worries.
    Problems:
    Our offensive line is just not very good.
    Our defensive is inconsistent at best.
    Wrong, CW played poorly the whole game, from the beginning. Missing open receivers, throwing 2 interceptions. So let's not act like he wasn't part of the problem. Coach Riley benched him for a reason.

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Wrong, CW played poorly the whole game, from the beginning. Missing open receivers, throwing 2 interceptions. So let's not act like he wasn't part of the problem. Coach Riley benched him for a reason.
    Wrong. Receivers missed a few in the hands catches. Riley also brought CW back in. QB play is not this teams biggest problem today. Mayfield, Hurts or Murray could not have saved this game. You HAVE to have a rushing threat and we don't because the O line can't open a hole in a Kleenex.

Blog Entries

Not making excuses; however, there was an obvious pass interference the referees missed down the stretch by Baylor that could have impacted this game had it been called.

The announcers noted that they didn't see how the crew missed it. They showed it in the replay . . .

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

IMO, the issue was both Baylor's smothering backfield coverage and inaccurate passing. I think CWs hand hurt him more than was let on. I think OU handles I-State next week but OSU now scares me.

BTW, was anyone else as incensed as l was at Baylor kicking that last second field goal instead of just downing it?

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    BTW, was anyone else as incensed as l was at Baylor kicking that last second field goal instead of just downing it?
    Not at all. That was probably the very last thing that got/gets me angry about that game and this team in general.

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Not at all. That was probably the very last thing that got/gets me angry about that game and this team in general.
    This. There was WAY too much wrong with this game to get mad over a field goal.

This. There was WAY too much wrong with this game to get mad over a field goal.
    That was my take. And frankly it was a little embarrassing to me as a graduate and a fan that LR was acting as belligerent as he was about it and continued to comment on how he wouldn’t have done it, etc. That whole deal just make LR look like a sore loser and really soft, which has been a criticism of his teams (especially on the defensive side but Baylor was much more physical on both sides of the ball and it showed. OU fans may hate it, but Aranda won the game and has a national championship under his belt…maybe he was showing some of the killer instinct that LR’s teams have clearly lacked. Argue that Baylor should’ve been penalized for rushing the field, sure. But otherwise just get the the kids back out on the field and get it over with. Like it or not, Aranda had good reason to want to score more points due to the big 12 tie breaker criteria. It just seems really weak for LR to bitch and moan so much about that after his team got manhandled for 3 hours coming out of a bye week. . Don’t like that they wanted to score more points? Then prepare better and don’t put yourself in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Not making excuses; however, there was an obvious pass interference the referees missed down the stretch by Baylor that could have impacted this game had it been called.

The announcers noted that they didn't see how the crew missed it. They showed it in the replay . . .
    Oh yeah there were a ton of missed pass interference calls but the game shouldn’t ever come down to the refs. If we were running the ball worth a damn (or if they continued to go to parts of the run game that were working), that wouldn’t have been an issue but our line was getting out played by Baylor and it was almost like LR refused to go back to parts of our run and short passing game that were working. I def agree with you on the missed calls but on the road you’ve got to play well enough that those things don’t have that big of effect.

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Oh yeah there were a ton of missed pass interference calls but the game shouldn’t ever come down to the refs. If we were running the ball worth a damn (or if they continued to go to parts of the run game that were working), that wouldn’t have been an issue but our line was getting out played by Baylor and it was almost like LR refused to go back to parts of our run and short passing game that were working. I def agree with you on the missed calls but on the road you’ve got to play well enough that those things don’t have that big of effect.
    As to the running game. I don't remember but have they put Brooks and Major behind Williams to make the defense worry about all three?

As to the running game. I don't remember but have they put Brooks and Major behind Williams to make the defense worry about all three?
    Major has only been back for a few games and hasn't played much so probably not. They may have done that type of formation with Jeramiah Hall, but it doesn't stick out. It would be similar to the Diamond Formation stuff we did a few years back with Demetri Flowers, Rodney Anderson and Joe Mixon. I could be misremembering as I think the Diamond Formation may have been used earlier than those guys but I feel like all three of them were on the field together at some point.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I defended Williams last week in the loss. Though rewatching that game I overrated his performance. Today he horribly missed seeing open downfield receivers. He makes up some with his feet but he has to see downfield better. I think it's just a true freshman that didn't play his senior year in high school thing that he'll recover from. Hopefully we'll have a good offense around him next year.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma Sooners 28 vs Iowa State Cyclones 21

Gamecast https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401287944

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oklahoma Sooners 33 vs Oklahoma State Cowboys 37

Gamecast: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401287951

Congrats to the Pokes. NOW allow me to rant. All this talk of LR to LSU. WHY in the hell are OU fans all bent out of shape about the possibility? I don't get it. OU is a national brand in its own right, has 7 NC's and played in the CFB playoffs 4 times. Could we recruit better, yes, is it maybe a little harder than schools in the deep south, maybe, but our traditional recruiting territory has been Texas. I would not automatically increase LR salary to double digits just because LS who offers him that much. There ought to be something said for the support of the entire administration for your program. Ask BS, it matters. Love LR BUT if he leaves then I trust JC to have done his homework and identified a candidate that can carry on the GREAT tradition that is OU football.

Blog Entries

IIRC Lincoln Riley answered that question prior to the Bedlam game. He said he was not going to LSU.

HangryHippo Guest

Lincoln Riley leaving for USC.

Wowza, that's a heckuva move. First OU coaching search since 1999 is about to get under way. Let the speculation and flight tracking to and from Norman...begin.

Brent Venables would be a great hire

Thread Information