Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKC Real Estate Market

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OKC Real Estate Market

There are still lots of flips in my neighborhood (west of Penn, south of 50th) that are underway.

I haven't seen any signs of this slowing down, especially because similar re-done homes in the area have been snapped up as soon as they hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There are still lots of flips in my neighborhood (west of Penn, south of 50th) that are underway.

I haven't seen any signs of this slowing down, especially because similar re-done homes in the area have been snapped up as soon as they hit the market.
    How common was that prior to the current market? When I lived in The Village (2018-2020), every street had a house being remodeled and flipped. I would think some of it is due to the aging housing stock, as opposed to pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by T. Jamison View Post
    How common was that prior to the current market? When I lived in The Village (2018-2020), every street had a house being remodeled and flipped. I would think some of it is due to the aging housing stock, as opposed to pure speculation.
    It was going on when I moved on 5 years ago and very common when an un-updated home hits the market.

And most of it is pure speculation.

I walk the area frequently and the pattern is always the same: home that hasn't had much done to it sells, dumpster shows up, about 2-3 months later it hits the market, sold within days often for more than asking price.

We just had one sell for over $250/SF and another for $220/SF, but those had quite high-end finishes. The more common going rate is somewhere between $160 and $200/SF, depending on the property and the finishes used.

In 5 years, my home has appreciated more than 50%.

It was going on when I moved on 5 years ago and very common when an un-updated home hits the market.

And most of it is pure speculation.

I walk the area frequently and the pattern is always the same: home that hasn't had much done to it sells, dumpster shows up, about 2-3 months later it hits the market, sold within days often for more than asking price.

We just had one sell for over $250/SF and another for $220/SF, but those had quite high-end finishes. The more common going rate is somewhere between $160 and $200/SF, depending on the property and the finishes used.

In 5 years, my home has appreciated more than 50%.
    Well, that's scary to think about as a potential new homeowner. I love that area and want to move back, but I wouldn't pay $250 a foot for a gold plated house. Fortunately, I come from a long line of woodworkers/tradesmen and have a storage unit full of Dewalt tools begging for use. I just have to beat cash offers from flippers.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I underestimated the extent of the situation. I look at commercial real estate day-in/day-out, and it's been a little more tempered since everyone lost their minds in 2015.

Venice has one going on literally 5 houses away from our house today - jackhammer, skid-steer and all, and there are others that we see in Venice, Cleveland, over by Shepherd, on 36th going east from May every time we're out...

Thread Information