Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
Thanks... checked out their website after I saw this and will be setting up an appointment with them.
If you do end up going with them, shoot me a PM, they do pay a respectable referral fee.

Having had it up and running now for a few days, all days in November thus far have been clear, so no clue how it does in cloud cover. My average bill was $250/month. My payment is $258/month + $13 to OG&E. You take into account the average increase in $/KkWh of 3% per year and the math gets real reasonable real fast.

We have between 30-40 panels on our roof, yesterday, we produced 52.4 kWh and consumed 27.3. We sent 30 kWh to the grid. When it got dark, my battery discharged to 30%, so there'd be some in reserve in case of emergencies (with the generation of microinverters we went with, you have to power them before you can generate power--the microinverters they're coming out with right now (gen 8 for enphase) can be self powered).

The battery is smart in that enphase monitors the National Weather Service, and if there is weather expected, the battery charges to 100% and you draw from the grid that day in anticipation of a service interruption.

I'd personally be wary of installing anything that uses natural gas anymore. Any product where you're not protected from a 100x price hike in the middle of a disaster is probably something you should avoid exposing yourself to.