Widgets Magazine

Thread: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Quote Originally Posted by Patchy Proot View Post
    Hmmm. We'll see.
    This is very exciting, but I have to admit that this was exactly my first thought/impression when I saw this article. It took, what, nearly 30 years of fighting over public funding and stuff to complete the cultural center? Makes me wonder if this project will be a bloody fight again over funding dragging this out for 30 years. Granted, I believe it was the Chickasaw Nation that eventually came in and took the reigns to get the cultural center finally completed. But certainly, something like this would be totally awesome especially in that exact spot.

Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    This is very exciting, but I have to admit that this was exactly my first thought/impression when I saw this article. It took, what, nearly 30 years of fighting over public funding and stuff to complete the cultural center? Makes me wonder if this project will be a bloody fight again over funding dragging this out for 30 years. Granted, I believe it was the Chickasaw Nation that eventually came in and took the reigns to get the cultural center finally completed. But certainly, something like this would be totally awesome especially in that exact spot.
    Once the Chickasaws took over the museum, things got done. Not only quickly, but in a completely first-class manner. If you haven't been to the museum, go and see for yourself. It's amazing.

Part of that deal was the Chickasaws got the rights to develop the adjacent properties. This is their project backed by their massive piles of money.

They hope to open this by summer of 2024. This is going to happen and will be done right.

Thread Information