Widgets Magazine

Thread: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forward

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forwa

Saw where they said the grocery store is going to be a tenant with "about 80 locations". That rules out Reasors; maybe a sprouts or fresh market or natural grocers?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Downtown 26 Story Residential Tower + Hotel and Grocery Proposal Takes Step Forwa

Quote Originally Posted by formerly405Tulsan View Post
    Saw where they said the grocery store is going to be a tenant with "about 80 locations". That rules out Reasors; maybe a sprouts or fresh market or natural grocers?
    It's most likely Homeland. Very meh, but it's a store.

There aren't any homelands within an hour of tulsa though, and they left the market 15+ years ago. I can't see them coming back for this, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Homeland has fewer than 40 locations so, if the "about 80 locations" is correct, it's not Homeland.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    Homeland has fewer than 40 locations so, if the "about 80 locations" is correct, it's not Homeland.
    Homeland owns more brands than just Homeland, parent HAC owns exactly 80 stores including locations in Sand Springs, Cleveland, Bartlesville and Muskogee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(supermarket)

Homeland owns more brands than just Homeland, parent HAC owns exactly 80 stores including locations in Sand Springs, Cleveland, Bartlesville and Muskogee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(supermarket)
    I had no idea. I stand corrected!

If it's like the semi-urban Homeland at 18th and Classen after they renovated it...it will be on par with Reasors and an extremely nice addition to downtown. I'd be all for it. Certainly beats the hell out of DGX which is the only other option downtown (though that's nothing against DGX because its actually really nice, especially given that it's a Dollar General brand).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    If it's like the semi-urban Homeland at 18th and Classen after they renovated it...it will be on par with Reasors and an extremely nice addition to downtown. I'd be all for it. Certainly beats the hell out of DGX which is the only other option downtown (though that's nothing against DGX because its actually really nice, especially given that it's a Dollar General brand).
    Years ago I lived downtown in the area today called uptown a few blocks from Tulsa's previous downtown grocery store, the 11th and Denver Homeland. We called it, correctly so, Homelessland and tried to never shop in that very nasty store if we didn't have to. Homeland has a very negative reputation in Tulsa. Deservedly so and not just from the downtown location.

I get why Reasor's dropped out of this project, the Cherry St location is very nice and just a mile and half from downtown. They would have competed with themselves in a downtown location. Homeland would do well to choose a new brand.

Years ago I lived downtown in the area today called uptown a few blocks from Tulsa's previous downtown grocery store, the 11th and Denver Homeland. We called it, correctly so, Homelessland and tried to never shop in that very nasty store if we didn't have to. Homeland has a very negative reputation in Tulsa. Deservedly so and not just from the downtown location.

I get why Reasor's dropped out of this project, the Cherry St location is very nice and just a mile and half from downtown. They would have competed with themselves in a downtown location. Homeland would do well to choose a new brand.
    A rebrand isn't a terrible idea for them in general though I doubt anyone downtown will care or avoid it because any negative reputation here. There's nothing else outside of DGX down here and I'd venture to guess the majority of the downtown population wasn't here or were living somewhere other than downtown when that one was still open. I'd guess most of the population down here is between 18 and 35.

Thread Information