Watched the video of the COTPA meeting. It's strange to me that there was no mention at all of the Independence x NW Expy intersection. They had a lot of material on this intersection in their original planning document. They had even thrown out the idea of a pedestrian bridge at one point.

Similar to Penn x NW Expy (where NWBRT actually is adding sidewalks), the intersection at Independence is currently unnavigable by foot or bike... as in literally no crossing whatsoever. If unaddressed, the lack of connecting infrastructure would severely restrict access to the bus station for anyone in surrounding neighborhoods. I live a quarter mile north of this intersection and wouldn't be able to access the station as it is planned.

Interesting though - I did find in the Better Streets project list that there's just under a million dollars of allocated funds for intersection improvements at Indep x NW Expy to begin in summer of 2022. Also, more vague and with no planned start date yet: "Bike Lanes: On NW Grand Blvd. and N. Independence Ave. to connect to the Bert Cooper Trails". Perhaps there is some coordination going on here?