Widgets Magazine

Thread: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Coffee creek golf course sold for housing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    WOW. What a classic bad comparison. Zero logic and zero empathy for buyers of property.
    Hand holding? LOL. May as well say that if you are capable of getting the better of a buyer and it technically isn’t illegal, go for it. Great business ethics. Winning is everything, right? Profit over ethics is strong. Ethics is weakness. Is that correct? Make developers great again.
    So rover, instead of playing devils advocate here what is your suggestion for this property. See, unlike you, Mr. Edmond Lover, I just hate Edmond so much I actually spend time thinking of ways for this situation to be resolved as I mentioned in previous posts. What’s your idea? I guess a great developer should come in and restore the golf course and lose money, huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So rover, instead of playing devils advocate here what is your suggestion for this property. See, unlike you, Mr. Edmond Lover, I just hate Edmond so much I actually spend time thinking of ways for this situation to be resolved as I mentioned in previous posts. What’s your idea? I guess a great developer should come in and restore the golf course and lose money, huh?
    You screw up an argument in so many ways. LOL.

First, because I don't wish to make a stereotype out of Edmond, something people lazily and ignorantly do. Like they stereotype all young people as hipsters or all old people as decrepit. Just like , Austin, Portland and virtually every other city in the nation, there are pockets of every type of development, people, etc. in the OKC area. Edmond happens to be a small town that has grown to be a big suburb. It has a nice urban walkable center that is conveniently close to a university, groceries, parks, restaurants, locally owned retail, and all types of housing. If anyone bothers to go there they would see that. Edmond has cookie cutter neighborhoods, run down old neighborhoods, nice wooded and hilly neighborhoods, and some of the highest price and nicest houses in the metro. It has suburban shopping malls and more stylish shopping centers. Plenty of strip malls too. So, you obviously aren't familiar with Edmond and only want to spew hate on a stereotype you want to promote.

I don't hate Edmond, but I don't choose to live there either. I live relatively close to downtown in a pretty dense and aesthetically pleasing area where I have lots of amenities I love. I just don't care to bash others for pursuing their most desired lifestyle that they can afford whether it's in Edmond, Bricktown, the Plaza or in one of the many cookie cutter neighborhoods in OKC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So, to answer your question:
    I would suggest that prospective buyers be fully appraised of the risk of the golf course's future, just like other things are required to be disclosed. If developers are going to use the amenity of the golf course to ask a higher price and promote sales, they should also disclose that they may at their choosing alone decide to close the course and build at their back yards.

Secondly, maybe the neighborhood association should have the first right of refusal to acquire the land in the event the owner makes the decision to close it and before they can re-develop it.

Third, perhaps the developer is just required to maintain the land as a park area with appropriate mowing, tree upkeep, etc. Presumably they made extra money originally based on having it there.

I am sure there are lots of other creative ways more intelligent people than I can think of that would be fair to those who trusted the developer and still not overly penalize the investors if they were acting in good faith.

Thread Information